• An experienced Infrastructure Engineer who will join the operations function to support, manage and maintain enterprise scale Wintel services.
• Wintel Operations are responsible for ensuring availability and continuity of mission critical platforms that underpin our highly demanding business products and services.
• To support direction and growth, the team requires a breadth and depth of skills and experience, starting at entry level through to seasoned subject matter specialists.
• As an experienced engineer, consideration will be based on both your technical ability and soft skills. You will be primarily focused, but not limited to, the Wintel technology domain.
• Cross skilling in Virtualisation, Linux and Storage technologies is encouraged and your progression will be supported with development plans, training, and mentoring from Technical Leads.
• Preferred skills and experience Tenacious and passionate Engineer who takes ownership. Effective time management, organisation and work prioritization to meet deadlines while maintaining excellent attention to detail.
• Logical approach to solving problems under pressure and an active communicator on technical issues. Proven experience in Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, PKI, IIS and Clustering, DHCP.
• Strong understanding of VMware. Familiarity with Linux and Storage. Scripting is a must, skills in PowerShell and / or Ansible / Terraform. Main Responsibilities Providing a quality and personable support experience to the business.
• Understanding Incident, Request, Change, Problem and Knowledge management (ITIL). Recognising areas for continuous improvement through improved system monitoring and visibility, while automating the simple and simplifying the difficult.
• Collaborating with other technology specialists within the teams to challenge what we do, identify how to maximise our current technology investment, and recognise how we can benefit from emerging technologies.
• Using system data and tools to gain deep insight into the platforms for in-depth investigations and proactive problem analysis.
• Taking part in infrastructure managed works including testing, validation, refresh and migration activity. Performing system maintenance, upgrades and IT service continuity testing.
• Covering weekend and out of hours support, on a rota basis. Collecting and visualising metric and log data using tools such as AppDynamics, Prometheus.
• The candidate must understand monitoring technologies such as CHK MK, ZABBIX or a similar technology used to monitor key infrastructure services.Risk Responsibilities:
Ensure that you understand the risks and controls on your department; what could go wrong, what controls you have to prevent/detect or contain these.
All staff have defined risk management responsibilities. The Group imposes additional responsibilities on line-managers and senior managers. It is critical that all staff discharge their risk management responsibilities when undertaking their role. Specific responsibilities are incorporated into employee objectives, and your performance against these objectives will be assessed as part of the firm’s performance management process. You will also be required to confirm that you have discharged your risk management responsibilities through the annual risk management attestation process.Person Specification:
• 5 years’ or more experience of working in a systems infrastructure role.
• A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related disciplines.
• Citrix, VMWare and Microsoft Certifications
• PowerShell and VB Scripting
• Experience of ITIL v3 standards or a certificate in ITIL v3 foundation skills beneficialExperience
• Experience of providing automated solutions, using VB and or PowerShell, on Microsoft and VMware technologies is essential.
• The role requires an experienced Windows engineer with extensive experience of the core set of Microsoft Server products including Active Directory and Exchange.
• This role requires a skilled engineer with a strong delivery track record. Financial institution experience in a trading environment is desirable but not essential.Skills
The successful applicant will be one of the company's experts on Windows related technologies and will have to demonstrate strong automation skills along with the technical experience needed to build high-performance, resilient solutions. Technologies will include but not limited to, Windows Server, Exchange 2010, Active Directory, MS Lync, VMWare ESX, Netapp, Backup Exec, Powershell, File and Print Services, DNS, DFS, ADFS and SCCM.Special Job Requirements:
Covering weekend and out of hours support, on a rota basis.Client Focused
• Personable and engaging
• Communicates effectively and efficiently to internal and external stakeholders
• Build relationships and networks with both internally and externally wherever possible
• Demonstrates strong customer focus
• Demonstrates ability to work effectively with others
• Constructively handles disagreements to reach a resolution
• Ability to work with diverse groups/ personalities
• Open to innovative ideas/ experiences and ability to create new ideas, approaches or insights
• Seeks opportunities for improvements
• Handles situations and problems with innovation and creativity
Dynamic & Competitive
• Demonstrates high levels of energy in seeking out and achieving new goals
• Goes that extra mile
• Is a self-starter
• Shows evidence of being comfortable working in fast paced or pressured environments
• Enjoys a challenge and is able to escalate
• Does not give up easily
Open & Communicative
• Adapts communication style to suit audience
• Projects personal credibility
• Interacts confidently without being overbearing
• Ability to work effectively in a high pressure environment
• Keeps emotions under control in difficult situations
• Handles criticism constructively
• Able to demonstrate honesty, integrity and professionalism
• Promotes loyalty to TP ICAP and its principles
• Works ethically and shows respect for both professional and company values
• Excellent attention to detail, highly organised with a proactive approach
• Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills