Translate business and IT specifications into detailed design, source code, unit tests and system tests.
Ensure the quality of the development by implementing best practices and good design.
Document the code and features appropriately to facilitate maintenance and knowledge transfer.
Optimize the code to ensure maximum performance and scalability of the applications.
Provide 3rd level support on live applications in collaboration with other team members.
- Create the appropriate DB views / SQL statements that may be required by the applications or reporting tools
- Assist the Software Development Manager in defining standards to be used.
- Participate to the development of reusable components / frameworks, under the supervision of the Software Development Manager.
- Develop source code as required by the project.
- Provide technical support to other team members when required.
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
High Level Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related subject
Minimum 5 years of relevant development experience in an international environment
- Good understanding of software architecture principles
- Strong knowledge of key design patterns
- Strong knowledge on Visual Basic 6 and VB Scripting
- Strong knowledge and experience in designing database model
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Experience on AzureDevOps and GIT is a plus
Strong understanding of the Application Lifecycle Management
Good knowledge in Agile development methodology
Good trouble shooting skills is a must.
Organized and structured
Team worker and good communication skills
Focused on delivering and pushing projects forward
Independent in problem solving
Able to work under pressure and respect deadlines.
Good level of English