Performance and automation test engineers who want to understand the payment processing chain and helps to prevent data breaches.Your new job!
Over the past years ING wanted to improve the security and insights in the application chain for payment processing. After a hackaton a solution was created that was to track payments through all systems. After the solution was developed further and the Global Monitoring Track & Trace (GMTT) application was created. Next to tracking payments GMTT provides validation on data breaches through the chain and GMTT is able to send alerts to application squads when something goes wrong.
GMTT currently process 30 million events per day. After many years and an increasing number of consumers in both the wholesale and retail domain it is now time to mature the application and become much more configurable and scalable.
We would like you to think of, and setup tests to ensure good quality software on different aspects: performance, resilience and functional. Additionally you will help to migrate GMTT towards the ING Private cloud, ensure that we are in control of risk and with your communication-skills you will be interacting with many squads to ensure smooth onboarding to GMTT.
As GMTT is monitoring the whole payments chain, you will get an holistic view on payment processing. Next to that you will learn something new every day, as GMTT is using many different technologies (Java, Kafka, Flink, Linux, Elastic, Zookeeper, Azure and Ansible). Also functionally GMTT Is very divers with real-time alerting, detection of data breaches, alerting on applications where something goes wrong and we are even working on predictive analysis to prevent incidents. So for sure you will find a complex and challenging environment!How do we work in ING Wholesale Banking Services
We believe that business value is delivered by top engineers working together in high performing squads, according to the scrum framework. Squads are composed of engineers with different skills.
ING Wholesale Banking Services is looking for enthusiastic performance and automation test engineers. Team-players that are technically passionate, proud of their craft and solution-focused and to deliver and maintain high-quality software for our customers.Our engineers focus on quality and continuously improve themselves, their products and processes. They have a positive can-do mindset and they live by the Orange Code Behavior.What will you do
Together with your squad you deliver more business value for GMTT and make GMTT more configurable and scalable. You understand your job and contribute to activities on the backlog.
Some examples of activities are:
Why ING Wholesale Banking Services
- Refinement and planning with your squad, squads from the end to end chain and the product owner. The feature needs to be an integrated part of the total solution
- Apply your understanding of capacity- and performance management to ensure that GMTT is performing top of the class
- You setup continuous delivery pipelines and use these in your squad
- Automate and execute functional tests with cucumber and karate
- You help the squad taking counter measures to ensure confidentiality and integrity of data and availability of the system
- You use the most important ITIL processes and understand how these support the quality of your application
- You and your squad play a role planning, coaching, and appraisal process. Therefore, asking and receiving honest feedback is very important.
ING is a frontrunner in the transformation of banking and a company that puts technology at its heart. Wholesale Banking Services (WBS) develops and maintains applications, systems and processes requested by ING wholesale and retail banking customers, mainly for Payments, Lending Services and Trade Finance. We use open source technologies more and more and try out new technologies if adding value.
Who are you
- Excellent salary
- A thirteenth month
- Life-course savings scheme
- Extensive trainings and education
- Great career possibilities
- Full time position (36-hour week)
You are a driven IT engineer who feels personal responsibility for the quality of your application. You are ambitious in what you want to achieve for yourself and within your squad. You bring positive energy to the squad and have good social and communication skills. This leads to great performance, no matter if you are in an on-shore, near-shore, offshore or virtual squad.
You recognize yourself in this profile:
- You are proud of what you do.
- You continuously learn and take full ownership of your personal development. You are curious and follow the latest developments in the technical and financial services.
- You teach, coach and train our colleagues, you share knowledge.
- You have a good understanding of banking in general or you want to learn about it. You can discuss with your stakeholders and product owner about features and stories and can translate these into test scenario's needed to validate the requested business value.
- You have good analytical skills and can determine the impact of certain choices. You can translate these into concrete actions for your squad.
- You recognize yourself in ING's Orange Code and apply it to push your squad to highest possible performance.
We expect that:
- You have at least 5 years hands-on experience testing and at least 3 years experience in testing of back end systems
- You have executed different types of testing (functional, performance, resilience, security).
- You focus on delivering quality above quantity
- You are have hands on experience with CI/CD
It would be nice if:
- You have worked in the banking industry before and know the terms ISO20022, Swift and SEPA.
- You are familiar with tools like AzureDevOps, Gatling, Kibana and Promethues
- You have hands-on experience with testing applications build with on one or more of the following technologies: Elastic, Flink, Java, Kafka, Unix.