Telecoms Support Engineer
- Documentation and Planning, Network Transmission Design and Implementation Engineering Provide technical support on transmission link troubleshooting on RNG and DTT operations Project Management Conducts site selection survey, signal survey, RFI survey for broadcast transmitters and microwave and satellite transmission
- Conduct Technical Feasibility Studies in collaboration with the Technical Project Management Team: o Signal Survey for DTT Transmission and Interference test and analysis o Test MFN/SFN mode on Transmitters, define input redundancy o IP Gateway Testing and configuration for DTT
- Provide Service Reports, Failure Analysis Reports and Field reports
- Conduct Site Surveys in collaboration with the Technical Project Management Team: o Inventory, defining and analyzing point of failures for network distribution o Inventory, defining, and analyzing Resource/microwave/satellite capacity utilization and optimization o Define interim and long term plan for Media gateway/BTS and FOC redundancy
- Prepares technical study, coverage map and TVHHs analysis for DTT existing network and future expansio plans.
- Prepares frequency feasibility studies in compliance with NTC and KBP standards DTT proposed frequencies. Performs technical support during transmitter and antenna integration (SAT Measurement) Technical Support for DTT RNG Headend.
- Theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience with various telecom/broadcast equipment such as R&S ZVL Network analyzer, R&S ETI- TV Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Power Meter, OTDR ,BER tester , Network Tester, MPEG/TS Analyzer, Fl Meter,VSWR meter, Sitemaster ,Hand and Power tools.
- Provide physical and soft network change recommendations, evaluate the impact
- Analyze customer technology, define business requirements & participate in risk analysis
- Candidate must be a Licensed Electronics Engineer
- Must be experienced in networking and in TCP/IP, Network Topologies and Network protection schemes, CCNA is an advantage
- Must have at least 2 year experience in Analog and Digital Microwave system and Satellite Transmission Systems
- Must have at least 3 years related work experience in broadcasting industry Must be familiar with broadcast and communication facilities and equipment Must be willing to travel,
- Excellent Analytical Skills, performs well under pressure