SALARY: Php 691,033 per annum net of taxes
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Under the overall supervision of the Administrative and Finance Officer (Migration Health Division), and under the direct supervision of the Financial Monitoring Officer (Global Health Assessment Projects), and in close coordination with the Senior Programme Coordinator, Health Assessment Programmes, Regional Health Assessment Programme Coordinators, Regional Administrative & Finance Officers (HAP), Global Radiology Coordinator, Migration Health Support (MHS) staff in Manila and other Units at the Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC), the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible in the financial analysis and reporting of the Global Health Assessment Projects (GHAPs) under the Global Health Programme Monitoring and Administrative-Finance (PAF) Section of the Global Migration Health Support (MHS) unit based at the Manila (Global) Administrative Centre.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
A. Global Health Assessment Projects Financial Analysis, Reporting & Performance
- Provide regularly an in-depth and comprehensive financial and budgetary analysis, monitoring and management reporting for global MHD self-funded projects. Ensure compliance with internal controls, accounting policies and escalation procedures. Submit the analyzed monthly, quarterly and annual reports including recommendations before established deadline dates;
- Analyze historical and current financial trends of global MHD self-funded projects; identify current or potential problems, and propose corrective measures, if necessary;
- Assist in the analysis of individual location actual and anticipated financials performance and budgets;
- Prepare, review, analyze and consolidate historical, periodic and annual financial performance reports for large sources of data and dashboards summarizing the activities, expenses and revenue for the global projects;
- Develop and maintain consolidated reports, dashboards and distribution list;
- Prepare, maintain and enhance report templates for more advanced reports. Provide update on financial reports, progress and modifications.
- Prepare complex financial models and forecasting requiring in-depth factual analysis for the MHD’s global projects.
- Maintain an organized record, archive and standardized naming convention for all financial reports and dashboards through various applications and ensure access to it by team members.
B. Budget Preparation, Analysis and Consolidation
- Assist in preparing annual and supplemental budgets for global MHD self-funded projects;
- Review, consolidate and provide timely inputs to the IOM Programme and Budget, MHD Annual Report, among others.
- Consolidate and analyze annual and new/supplemental budget requests and justification narratives;
- Liaise and consult with various units in MAC on financial and budgetary matters; communicate with HAP focal points and finance staff in IOM Country and Regional Offices as well as HQ regarding budgetary or financial performance issues of global MHD projects.
C. Other admin-finance support tasks
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Assist in the preparation, consolidation and submission of invoices for reimbursement.
- Follow up payment and clearance of receivables upon receipt of payment.
- Assist in developing guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOP), training modules and presentations within the work area.
- Prepare and submit the monthly salary projectization of MHD HQs and MAC staff to MHRO payroll and local HR Unit, respectively.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with six years of relevant professional experience;
- Professional certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent is an advantage.
- Experience in the field of financial analysis, monitoring and report writing preferably in the health sector;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proven communication skills;
- Experience in writing narratives for financial performance reports and/or budget analyses and/or financial models is a must;
- Computer literacy in general and proficiency in MS Excel in particular - a must;
- Experience working with ERPs, SAP in particular – an advantage.
- Experience in designing and reviewing business processes – an advantage;
- Sound knowledge of accounting systems - IPSAS in particular - an advantage;
- Experience in audit procedures - an advantage;
- Experience in medical invoicing - an advantage
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 16 January 2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
Please use Google Chrome in accessing our PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system to submit your application
GO TO THIS LINK TO APPLY: https://philippines.iom.int/vacancies/sr-financial-reporting-assistant
Job Grade: G-6
Duty Station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: Fixed-term
Closing Date: Thu, 01/16/2020 - 12:00
Duration of Assignment: One year with possibility of extension