Position Title: Sr. Financial Analyst
Duty Station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre, Philippines
Classification: General Service/G-7
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: January 31, 2020
Salary: PHP 825,492.00 per annum net of taxes
Under the overall supervision of the Finance Officer of the Migration Health Division (MHD) in Geneva, and the direct supervision of the Administrative and Finance Officer (MHD) in Manila, and in close coordination with the Senior Programme Coordinator, the, Regional Health Assessment Programme (HAP) Coordinators and Team Leads of the Global Health Programme Monitoring and Admin-Finance Support (PAF), the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for the thorough analysis of fees and fee structures of all ongoing and future fee-based health assessment projects to ensure financial sustainability and optimal growth of the projects while maintaining competitive and sustainable service fees. The selected candidate will be part of a growing and dynamic team and may supervise staff in future.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience in the field of accounting, finance, budgeting or auditing; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with seven years of relevant professional experience;
- Professional certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or its equivalent an advantage.
- Experience in the field of accounting or finance;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proven communication skills;
- Computer literacy in general and proficiency in MS Excel in particular - a must;
- Experience in financial modeling - a must;
- Experience in writing narratives for financial performance reports and/or budget analyses and/or financial models is a must;
- Sound knowledge of and/or experience in cost accounting - particularly in activity-based costing, will be a significant advantage;
- Experience in a similar position at a medical institution will be a significant advantage;
- Sound knowledge of accounting systems - IPSAS in particular - an advantage;
- Experience in audit procedures - an advantage.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by January 31, 2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: https://philippines.iom.int/vacancies/sr-financial-analyst-costing
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.