Position Title : Sr. Administrative and Finance Assistant (2 Vacancies)
Duty Station : Manila (Global) Administrative Centre
Classification : General Service Staff/G5
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, One Year with possibility of extension
Closing Date : November 19, 2019
Salary: PHP 590,623 per annum net of taxes
Under the direct supervision of the Sr. Financial Analyst (Vacancy 1)/ National Financial Monitoring Officer (Vacancy 2), the Sr. Administrative and Finance Assistant will be responsible and accountable for providing assistance in the health programme monitoring and administrative-finance (PAF) functions of the Global Migration Health Division (MHD) unit based at the Manila (Global) Administrative Center (MAC).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Financial monitoring and reporting
• Generate financial reports from SAP as source data for other reports or monitoring purposes.
• Produce and enhance regular and complex financial monitoring reports using established templates for large global migration health assessment programmes, specifically the Global Health Assessment Projects (GHAPs), IOM Tele-radiology Programme, Pre-departure medical services Project for Canada-bound refugees, Global Support and Coordination
Services (GSCS) and other health projects managed by MHD HQ and MAC.
• Assist in producing in-depth qualitative and quantitative written analyses of financial data and reports.
• Conduct financial review of transactions, both revenue and expenses, as well as financial performance reviews on a monthly basis for any of the above-mentioned migration health projects including start-up/one-time costs. Communicate the findings and follow up with field offices until action has been taken.
• Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for global migration health projects for dissemination to the Regional Offices (ROs) and submission to the Project Manager (PM) and the GHAP Budget Review Committee (BRC).
Budget Preparation and Evaluation
• Conduct reviews and analyses of new and supplemental/revised budget requests submitted by IOM missions. Communicate the findings and recommendations and follow up with field offices until action has been taken.
• Consolidate budget requests by collating and encoding data into the established templates.
• Assist in the preparation and review of Budgeting for New Projects (BNP) based on approved budget prior to upload.
• Follow up with offices on the submission of missing BNPs.
Other admin-finance support tasks
• Conduct bi-weekly quality control and consolidation of name lists and evaluate thoroughly its supporting documents, scrutinize eligibility and completeness, and process and submit invoices for reimbursement in a timely manner.
• Assist in the project activation procedures and financial closing of global migration health projects.
• Assist in the development and enhancement of templates, automation of management view reports through dashboards, spending review, Budget Submission Package (BSP) analysis, and financial performance indicator generation.
• Update standard operating procedures (SOP), work instruction manuals, and invoicing procedures within the assigned work areas.
• Organize and manage the filing system of the PAF working documents and reports in the OneDrive/Share Point.
• Assist during audit, such as supplying the necessary supporting documents, and implement audit recommendations on budget preparation and evaluation as well as financial monitoring and reporting.
• Assist in the preparation of monthly salary projectization of MHD GSCS staff in MAC and HQ.
• Serves as Team Lead in the absence of the supervisor.
• Provide training support on administrative and financial issues within the assigned work areas.
• Provide recommendations on how to further improve current processes so as to align with IOM policies and procedures.
• Coordinate with Treasury on payment received and with Revenue on accruals of revenue, clearing of accounts receivable and adjustment entries.
• Perform other related duties that may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• University degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience in the field of accounting, finance, budgeting or auditing; or
• Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience;
• Sound knowledge of accounting systems and/or SAP plus generally accepted accounting principles, internal controls and audit/review procedures;
• High level of computer literacy, especially in MS Excel and PowerPoint applications; knowledge of other IT packages and their implementation an advantage;
• Good analytical and problem solving skills with an eye for details;
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• At least one year of experience in medical insurance claims processing and invoicing and/or financial monitoring of health-related self-funded projects is desired.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish an advantage.
• Inclusion and Respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgement in meeting day-to-day challenges.
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
This vacancy is open to Philippine Nationals only.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by November 19, 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
APPLY HERE: https://bit.ly/2WWGFTj
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.