SQL Database Administrator
Citco is a global leader in fund services, corporate governance and related asset services with staff across 80 offices worldwide. With more than $1 trillion in assets under administration, we deliver end-to-end solutions and exceptional service to meet our clients needs.
For more information about Citco, please visit
About the Team & Business Line:
Proprietary software solutions and innovation are at the core of what differentiates Citco in the alternative investment space. Through our network of global development centres, Citco invests heavily in technology development, security, and infrastructure to ensure our clients continue to receive award-winning products that underpin our commitment to service excellence.
As a core member of our Product Support team you will work with dedicated professionals to ensure our clients maintain access to their critical information assets while keeping Citco ahead of industry trends.
- Knowledge of SQL Server database engine internals and features such as SSIS, SSAS, Reporting services. Data structures and data allocation, memory usage, record locking, system objects and underlying system schema, use of administration and optimization tools, configurations settings, communication protocols, error log interpretation, client management.
- Strong performance monitoring experience with Windows OS tools and Extended Events.
- Service pack and security patch installations SQL Server 2012 through 2017 instance management, analyzing performance utility output.
- Knowledge of PowerShell an advantage.
- Knowledge of AWS or Azure an advantage
- While the job itself does not have a significant development element, experience with TSQL development to understand developer issues in Production would be an advantage.
- The difference between the various backup and restore methods and the appropriate situation when to use which.
- SQL Replication types, its internal and external mechanisms, how it affects server resources and how those resources and network conditions affect it. Tuning and optimization, implementation and troubleshooting, partitioning, filtering, manual data synchronization bulk data loads, SSIS packages.
- SQL Server Security models, authentication modes, Implementation and maintenance of server level and database object level security. Role types and role level versus user level security, login and permissions auditing.
- Understands how a formal Change Management process works.
- Available for support outside normal business hours, weekend, and On-Call support will be required.
- Some travel may be required.
- Minimum of seven years experience administering Microsoft SQL Server. Specific knowledge with SQL Server 2012 through 2017. Familiarity with SQL language, relational database concepts and standards, best practices and procedures relating to database administration.
- Must be a self-starter and have strong initiative. Able to work a shift mainly solo.
- Must have the confidence to deal with non-standard and complex situations and show tenacity in investigation and drive to effect a resolution.
- Must be a lifelong learner who is curious about the technology behind the job. Is self-motivated to be continuously learning.
- Must be willing and happy to share knowledge with the team and to mentor less experienced staff.
- Must have excellent technical skills and knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server operating system.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and troubleshooting skills with excellent verbal/written skills are required.
- Microsoft certified in database administration a plus.
- This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Your well being is of paramount importance to us, and central to our success. We provide a range of benefits, training and education support, and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve success in your career while balancing personal needs. Ask us about specific benefits in your location.
We recognize diversity as a source of organizational pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization.
Citco welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection.