The Special Projects Team Leader
is responsible for oversight of a Special Projects team in Manila. This Team Leader will work closely with corresponding business and administration operations client team leaders in the Great Britain in effectively and efficiently using Manila colleagues following the Global TAS Resourcing Model.
Included in his/her oversight responsibility are the following performance objectives, all aligned with, and under the management and supervision of the Special Projects Manager:
A deeper understanding of TAS business is essential to be developed by the candidate, in order to engage meaningfully with Great Britain leaders, as well as to provide local guidance to his/her team. The position is expected to undertake data analysis, cleansing activity and some level of client administration work, particularly those requiring more complex analysis and processing.
Supervise workloads, train junior team members and check the work of others.
To work within the TAS Manila Special Projects Team servicing both internal and external clients.Performance Objectives: Technical
- Acquire and develop a working knowledge of UK pension schemes, their benefit structures and the data and calculations involved in operating them
- Assist in projects associated with analysing data quality, identifying data issues and proposing solutions
- Resource management
- Allocate and manage resources to meet existing requirements in anticipation of work peaks,
- Work with Special Projects Manager to manage future resources in anticipation of future client and work growth
- Workflow and delivery management
- Ensure smooth transition of new clients and addition of new tasks to existing clients
- Ensure Sub-team is equipped with adequate resources and tools to perform optimally
- Identify efficiency gains and proactively manage team so that chargeable utilisation can be increased
- Refine/improve processes become an SME for more complex work types
- Support the ISO 9001 (quality management) , ISO27001 (information security) certification process
- Support the Performance Excellence, ensuring standards and methodologies are consistent within team and across clients where possible
- Support the UK Data Privacy compliance, ensuring that security processes and procedures are understood and followed by all associates
- Business continuity for sub-team
- Ensure infrastructure and processes are in place,
- Ensure capacity adequacy, and backup and succession plans are in place
- Support UK business critical operations
- Ensure Sub-team has sufficient knowledge and capability on all aspects of the work that is required
- Mentor associates to develop desired skills and competencies, in line with business needs
- Support Special Projects Manager in efforts for teams to accept and successfully adapt to changes that may be needed, as part of operational strategies to achieve practice/team goals
- Promote a positive team culture, aligned with and in support of, TAS UK's practices and work environment.
- Build trusted adviser relationships with UK administration operations leaders through efficient, quality execution of projects and processes, and effective communication
- Collaborate closely with UK administration operations client team leaders in defining strategies, planning for client support activities, and in initiatives to improve service and delivery quality
- Encourage open and regular dialogue between Manila and UK client administration teams, partnering for the achievement of shared goals and objectives
- Meet SLAs and delivery quality goals
- Ensure client chargeable and utilisation targets are met for self and team
- Contribute to the development of the team's financial plan/budget
- Ensure achievement of team's financial plan/budget
Willis Towers Watson is an Equal Employer Opportunity
Pass or above for Maths and English assessment, plus demonstrable work experience in systems/analysis or a relevant degree discipline
Prepared to pursue intensive training in order to gain UK pensions legislative knowledge both current and historic.
Strong attention to detail and able to work to a high level of accuracy.
Proven and demonstrable problem solving and analytical skills.
Interpersonal skills to include excellent written and verbal communication.
Good time management skills and the ability to organise and prioritise own workload.
Computer literate with good IT skills, particularly MS Excel and data analysis.
Good project and people management skills
A passion for managing people and developing other associates
Strong organizational abilities and flexibility to work in a performance driven environment
Previous experience within a supervisory / managerial role in a business processing/service delivery/technology solutions environment in areas such as HRIS/payroll, HR shared services, Benefit Administration or Insurance Administration
Progression towards or desire to achieve a professional qualification is desirable.