Your key responsibilities
This position is for a Senior in the GDS TTT group. The successful individual will be adept with VBA applications such as Excel, MS Access, MS Word, Outlook among others. The individual will be expected to understand the business process, identify opportunities for automation and Work with business and technology teams to analyse and assess feasibility. Responsibility will also include –Develop codes to meet the defined design/solution approach; ensure quality of coded components by performing end to end unit testing.
Individuals at a Senior level will have the additional responsibility for Mentoring colleagues by providing advice and guidance on best practice and development techniques; providing architectural control over solution designs to ensure consistency and continuity across the company's delivery teams. The individual will be responsible for the full life cycle development and support and may be required to re-engineer some portions as requirements in the project(s) change or during a future transition. The individual will work with the larger GDS TTT team to engage with senior leadership, to identify their key strategic issues/ priorities and develop desired solutions. The candidate will have strong collaboration skills, to work with a virtual team of global knowledge community.
To qualify for the role you must have:
• Graduate/ Post Graduate with 4-7 years of professional services experience in VBA for Excel, Word, MS Access and Outlook
• Hands-on experience of Process Automation across the life-cycle
• Sound knowledge in programming preferably with Microsoft Technology (VB .NET, Windows, Internet Explorer, SQL Server)
• Should have understanding and experience of software development best practices
• High level of motivation, strong work ethic and excellent business communication skills