Senior Technical Writer
The Oracle Utilities Global Business Unit (UGBU) delivers cutting-edge solutions to the global utility industry, including billing, customer care, collections, meter data management, network management, energy efficiency, and business intelligence among others. We are looking for an expert communicator capable of researching complex technical information and creating engaging prose for internal stakeholders, integrators, technical staff at utilities, and utility Customer Services Representatives.
As a product expert, you will be expected to have an understanding of how our products work and how they are developed. You will use this knowledge to help maintain our internal knowledge base in Confluence and create customer-facing deliverables. As a member of the Knowledge Management group, you will design, create, and deliver whole product documentation sets and/or related courseware, direct the work activities of other technical writers and subject matter experts, and make sure that documentation deliverables meet our quality standards. Along the way, you will introduce innovative techniques and tools to help transform how the UGBU manages information.
- Experience producing documentation in an Agile, Software-as-a-Service environment
- Single-sourcing/multiple presentation experience
- Understanding of DITA/XML documentation practices
- Understanding of structured documentation and minimalism
- Experience with web applications
- Grasp of information architecture principles and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Experience creating and structuring content in a wiki environment
- Experience writing and managing documentation that is localized into non-US languages
- Experience presenting content in a clean and attractive manner
- Experience with instructional design is a plus
- Arbortext Editor or similar XML editor
- MadCap Flare or Adobe RoboHelp
- Adobe FrameMaker
- Mircosoft Word and PowerPoint (or Open Office equivalents)
- Atlassian Confluence or similar wiki tools
Education and Experience:
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of technical writing or related experience.
- Self-starter with minimal supervision.