Preferred QualificationsAs part of Oracle+NetSuite%26rsquo;s Security Team, the Senior Application Security Analyst will assist with day-to-day operations related to vulnerability and threat risk management: identification, remediation, mitigation, and reporting.Responsibilities
- Research and investigate new and emerging threats and vulnerabilities
- Analyze results of vulnerability assessments, including penetration tests and other verifications of application security efficiency
- Partner with multi-functional teams to ensure remediation of identified vulnerabilities occurs within noted timeframes and in adherence with information security policies
- Contribute to the aggregation and reporting of vulnerability metrics and information
- Act as a domain specialist in application security vulnerability management and engaging with multi-functional teams
- Partner with stakeholders to streamline, standardize and document vulnerability management procedures
- Feel comfortable voicing their own opinion while negotiating with key stakeholders or explaining relevance of a particular finding
- Assist in supporting, mentoring, and development of analysts/engineers
- Be flexible working with overseas teams during off-hours
- Bachelor%26rsquo;s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- 4+ years of experience in information security, cyber risk management or security advisory
- Practical experience with identifying, analyzing, and communicating cyber threat and vulnerability information
- Knowledge on OWASP vulnerabilities and methodology
- Experience with tools like Qualys, Splunk, Elasticsearch, Jira, Confluence
- Working knowledge with Container Security is a plus
- Programming or scripting experience is a plus
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Recognized industry certification and/or continuing education programs are a major plus including CISSP, CEH, Security+
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Develops and executes programs and processes to reduce information security risk and strengthen Oracle’s security posture.
Supports the strengthening of Oracle’s security posture, focusing on one or more of the following: risk management; regulatory compliance; threat and vulnerability management; incident management and response; security policy development and enforcement; privacy; information security education, training and awareness (ISETA); digital forensics and similar focus areas.
Risk Management: Assesses the information security risk associated with existing and proposed business operational programs, systems, applications, practices and procedures in complex, business-critical environments. May conduct and document complex information security risk assessments. May assist in the creation and implementation of security solutions and programs.
Regulatory Compliance: assists in programs to establish, document and track compliance to industry and government standards and regulations, e.g. ISO-27001, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, FedRAMP, GDPR, etc. Researches and interprets current and pending governmental laws and regulations, industry standards and customer and vendor contracts to communicate compliance requirements to the business.
Threat and Vulnerability Management: May research, evaluate, track, and manage information security threats and vulnerabilities in situations where analysis of well-understood information is required.
Incident Management and response: Responds to security events, identifying possible intrusions and responding in line with Oracle incident response playbooks.
Digital Forensics: May conduct data collection, preservation and forensic analysis of digital media independently, where a basic understanding of forensic techniques is required.
Other areas of focus may include duties managing Information Security Education, Training and Awareness programs. In a Corporate Security role, may manage the creation, review and approval of corporate information security policies.
Compiles information and reports for management.
Minimum of 5 years experience in information systems, business operations, or related fields, at least 2 years of which must be from at least one of the following: Information security risk management; information security program management; Industry/Government security compliance program management (ISO-27001, GDPR, HIPAA, FedRamp, etc.); threat and vulnerability management; incident management and response; security policy development and enforcement; privacy, information security education, training and awareness (ISETA), information security solutions development, etc. required.
Preferred but not required qualifications include: Bachelor-level university degree in a relevant field from an accredited university, or equivalent. CISSP, CISM, CISA , CIPP or other equivalent certification. Experience managing security incidents and vulnerabilities through their life cycle. Experience designing and developing automated process for responding to possible network intrusions. Knowledge of secure software design principles and the software development life cycle. Experience with at least 1 automation language or framework (Python, Ruby, SALT, Terraform, etc.) or vulnerability scanning tool (Qualys, Burp Suite, etc.).