• Ability to lead through influence in both team and across matrixes and to negotiate and/or resolve conflicts effectively.
• Ability to Lead and Build teams that is both high-functioning and highly engaged, collaborative and cohesive.
• Ability to work up and downstream easily, including knowing or seeking out the right people for resources, help, or advice.
• Regularly and willingly shares knowledge and mentors others.
• Appreciate individual uniqueness, respect people and encourage sharing of ideas, create an environment where everyone can fully be themselves, reflecting all of us and the communities we serve.
• Replace judgment with curiosity, thoughtful questions and listening.
• Celebrate the broadest possible range of diverse cultures, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
• Collaborate openly; building positive relationships to achieve strong, sustainable results for us and the people we serve.
• Seek to reduce friction points and create quality experiences.
• Engage people in decisions that will impact them.
• Demonstrates exceptional communication in all directions (leaders and stakeholders) to build shared understanding, alignment, value, and commitment on deliverables including ability to communicate complex issues
• Demonstrates good delegation and facilitation skills of project parameters (cost, time, scope, & quality) with a strong yet comfortable presence in meetings and relationships
• Takes personal accountability to manage multiple stakeholders’ competing goals in creating quality experiences.
• Challenge changes that make things complicated
• Ability to shift easily between tactical and strategic work, and vice versa
• Ability to juggle all the requirements/volume and continuously deliver
• Ability to span many approaches to agile such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean, extreme programming (XP) and test-driven development (TDD.)
• Ability to identify and assess project risks, mitigate threats and capitalize on opportunities.
• Has enough experience and insight to anticipate issues and solve them proactively.
• Knows the right questions to ask, gets up to speed quickly.
• Ability to be attuned with the needs of a project environment that is increasingly global, virtual and complex.
• Demonstrates understanding of the business value of the project and its broader impact on programs, initiatives, and the enterprise.
Ownership & Commitment:
• Demonstrates expanded level of accountability, ownership, integrity, and courage treating each project as if it was their own company.
• Ability to make good decisions in ambiguous or difficult situations.
• Ability to balance execution efficiency with risk mitigation.