SAP Financials and Controlling Consultant
AppCentric is currently seeking SAP FI-CO consultants to join our dynamic, highly motivated Consulting Team. At AppCentric, a FI-CO Consultant works with customers and plays a lead role in the support and delivery of Financials and Controlling SAP services that are focused on SAP’s Financials and Controlling Modules; as well as provides expertise in the area of SAP FICO best practices.
The key responsibilities in this role require you to use your expertise in SAP FI-CO to assist our clients’ Financials and Controlling requirements from conceptual development through to implementation.
- To ensure that the customer’s SAP FI/CO solution is implemented to the standards expected
- Should perform fit gap workshops (onsite) to gather the customer’s business requirements.
- Configure the customer’s solution as per signed-off solution design.
- Thoroughly Unit Test the customer’s solution to ensure that Client’s high quality standards are met and exceeded.
- Design and document the customer’s solution in line with the SAP standards and practices.
- Liaise with customer throughout the data cleansing, mapping and conversion phase. Provide assistance with data loads and reconciliations.
- Provide end user training including creating training manuals, preparing training systems and conducting training sessions.
- Generate generic test scripts to enable customer to adequately test the solution provided.
- Support customers through User Acceptance Testing, Parallels and Go Live Runs.
- Ensure that all deliverables (such as blueprints, specifications & test scripts) are created on-time and accurately as per project timeframes.
- Adhere to Client’s controlling activities/ processes.
- Liaise with the AppCentric authorized personnel (Project Manager) to provide regular updates on deliverable and task status.
- Create and ensure adherence to implementation of related procedures.
- Design, configuration and testing of core FI/CO modules (GL, AP, AR) • Design, configuration and testing of Asset Management
- Design, configuration and testing of Consolidations in EC-CS
- Design, configuration and testing of CO-PA
- Create reports with report writer and report painter
- Responsible primarily for successful implementation of SAP, including providing functional expertise, guidance, presentation, and instruction on SAP products to clients.
- Acts as liaison with client for troubleshooting: investigates, analyses, and solves software problems and maps client business requirements, processes and objectives; develops necessary product modifications to satisfy clients needs.
- The Consultant facilitates the implementation and support of SAP Financials and Controlling to enhance the client business functionality and overall performance, while maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction. Train your colleagues in SAP FICO if required to.
Knowledge and Education
College/University Degree Completion of bachelor's degree in Business Informatics, or a related field or equivalent work experience in IT
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or computer related degree or equivalent experience
• 4 or more years functional SAP experience, including hands on configuration
• Deep knowledge of the SAP FI-CO module
• Knowledgeable in the integration points between SAP WM, MM, SD and FI.
• Experience with requirements gathering and process design.
• Experience with interfaces using BAPI, IDOC
• Experience in business process design concepts and principles. Ability to produce clearly written, well-organized documentation
• Independent, detail oriented, but also a strong team player. Proven individual contributor and collaborator
Skills and Competencies
Excellent Communication skills, analytical skills, problem solving & interpersonal skills SAP, MS Office, Lotus Notes/Outlook experience Works well with groups or individuals and willing to lead by example Flexible, with the capability to deliver results in a fast paced, dynamic, extremely complex environment. Demonstrates initiative and ability to work in both a team environment as well as independently. Ability to identify, clarify and resolve issues and risks, escalating them as needed.