Jr. SAP ABAP Developer
This role is a Junior SAP ABAP developer role. The successful candidate will work with other Mid-
Level and Senior SAP developers to be trained, coached and mentored to be developed into a Mid-
Senior level SAP developer.
- Develops, implements, tests and maintains SAP software.
- Provides system level support for SAP.
- Participates in development of training materials; assists with conducting training and workshops.
- Provides on-call support and problem resolution for computer applications in multi-user computer and communications environments to minimize interruption of service to company's operations.
- Expectations to become a productive member of the team in 3-6 months and to be an independent SAP developer in 6-12 months.
- Attention to detail – thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently. Carefully monitors the details and quality of own and others’ work
- Communication (Oral and Written) – takes the initiative to communicate accurate, up to date plans and information to customers, co-workers and Management. Expresses thoughts clearly, both verbally and in writing. Listens and understands the view of others. Effectively transfers thoughts and expresses ideas orally in individual or group situations. Shares information with others to help them perform their jobs and seeks information from others
- Customer focus – makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions. Develops and sustains productive customer relationships. Understands and is responsive to customer problems. Readily adjusts priorities to respond to pressing and changing customer needs
- Job Motivation – maintains a high level of interest and enthusiasm for job responsibilities. Has demonstrated record of being a self-starter and self-motivated. Takes pride and derives satisfaction in one’s job. Assumes ownership for getting the job done
- Problem Solving – builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one’s knowledge and experience base, and calling on other references and resources as necessary
- Teamwork – values the input and know-how of other team members. Asks for help when needed.
- Offers help to other team members when needed. Builds trust and respect among fellow team members. Takes actions that demonstrate consideration for the feelings and needs of others
- Strong interest in learning ABAP, ABAP HCM, ABAP Adobe, SAP IT/XI, MII, or Netweaver.
- Basic knowledge of software development and related tools with ability to use and apply principles/concepts and techniques of software development.
- Knowledge of computer/computational science, data analysis, and programming technologies, concepts, and techniques.
- Ability to specify and develop computer programs using range of programming languages. Ability to develop, implement, install, test, and troubleshoot complex applications software.
- Ability to record, track, correspond, and document resolution of user problems by means of problem reporting database software.
- Ability to develop technical documentation for training, software/hardware use, user procedures, and as-required project deliverables.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret end user information requirements and develop appropriate systems and/or applications solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures. Ability to develop and deliver presentations