Principal Network Engineer
Location: Muntinlupa City
What you’ll be doing...
Our compute virtualization and storage infrastructure provides critical services to both internal and external customers. You’ll oversee lifecycle aspects of multiple service environments, acting as the owner for those systems (which number in the thousands). You’ll also understand and manage the interrelationships between the various products and the infrastructure systems. We take pride in our well-organized, well-documented, stable, and compliant infrastructure environments, and you’ll get to play a key role.
- Maintaining capacity and availability for multiple service environments.
- Ensuring our compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Managing security/access control and licensing and overseeing vendors.
- Delegating work to senior and junior compute virtualization engineers and storage engineers.
What we’re looking for...
You have the ability to successfully organize and direct the execution of major projects. You’ve got exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills, and you’re a whiz when it comes to managing and planning operational budgets. You take real pride of ownership in the infrastructure environments you run.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with converged/integrated compute infrastructure systems, including requisite network knowledge. Specifically, Cisco UCS
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or engineering.
- Demonstrated capability to successfully create and manage programs for infrastructure lifecycle processes such as capacity, availability, configuration management, and access management.
- Thorough understanding of interdependencies and protocols across compute, network, and storage technologies.
- Experience with compute virtualization systems. Ideally, VMware or vSphere.
- Experience managing an environment(s) with thousands of hypervisor instances running on compute blade systems and hundreds of enterprise class storage arrays.
- Experience with enterprise class storage systems, storage networks, storage management systems, and replication technology with products from NetApp, EMC, HP 3Par, Cisco, or Brocade.
- Knowledge and experience with ITIL including practical application of ITIL processes. Ideally, with ITIL v3 Foundation Level certification or higher.
- Experience with OpenStack based cloud computing infrastructures.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.