Job DescriptionOperations Team Leader
Customer Engagement Network (Canada)Global Servicing GroupYou Lead the Way. We've Got Your Back.WE ARE AON HEWITT'S BEST EMPLOYER FOR 2017, 2018, and 2019 IN THE PHILIPPINES
ICT Award's Best Global In-House Center Company for 2017, 2018, and 2019
ICT Awards HALL OF FAME
J.D. Power's ranked us the Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Credit Card Companies in the U.S.
Great Place to Work ® Philippines CERTIFIED
Ranked in the Top 10 of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For® List in the US for the second consecutive year.Find your place on #TeamAmex.
Where developing relationships is the key to our success.
Our vision is to provide our Cardmembers and Merchants the world's best customer experience every day. We deliver for our customers, designing creative solutions to meet their needs, and aiming to make a meaningful difference in their lives.
Given the importance placed upon delivering extraordinary customer care at American Express, we see it as essential to attract and develop talented people by:
Offering opportunities for professional growth and advancement
Recognizing and rewarding those who drive and deliver results
Respecting and valuing diversity, integrity, and teamwork
Our successful Team Leader has a passion for delivering extraordinary service and demonstrated leadership ability to inspire their team to drive exceptional business results.
Our Canada Customer Care Team Leaders use their instincts and passion to serve as the face and voice of the American Express brand. This position is primarily responsible for day-to-day management of a group of 13 - 15 Customer Care Professionals (CCPs). They motivate our CCPs in servicing American Express cardmembers to drive engagement and deepen loyalty.
As an inspiring coach, the Team Leader will set team and individual performance goals and use performance metrics and reporting to drive performance and business results.
They will monitor customer interactions to ensure extraordinary service, and will provide consistent and ongoing coaching and feedback to ensure their teams are performing at their highest levels.Motivate, Collaborate and Inspire
Help propel your team and its business partners to success
Here's just some of what you'll do in this role:
Analyze, Communicate and Innovate
- Deliver tailored, inspirational and effective coaching to specialists
- Hold regular sessions to observe individual performance and provide honest and actionable feedback through one-on-one sessions.
- Inspire and motivate team members to have a passion to serve
- Create an environment in which the colleague feels their contribution is valued in extraordinary customer service
- Consistently and effectively implement the Performance Management Process as a leadership tool to help colleagues maximize their performance
- Ensure adequate staffing levels to maintain service levels and colleague satisfaction
- Participate in the selection, training and development of high performing and highly engaged team members
- Lead and maintain colleague satisfaction and engagement by using reward and recognition tools available
- Lead by example, promoting blue box behaviors and encouraging an effective and positive work environment
- Challenge your team to ‘raise the bar and drive continuous improvement Build talent pipeline by identifying staff with high potential for succession planning and coaching
- Follow up on requests by leader, peers and direct reports consistently.
- Encourage team members to own first resolution of service issues and provide the necessary coaching. Encourage risk-taking and empowerment within the agreed process and standards to address customer needs.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Analyze metrics and any issues that could affect achievement of service levels immediately.
- Analyze performance management data, and identifying opportunities to further drive Cardmember satisfaction, Collection Metrics, Service levels, Average handling time, Profitability, Schedule adherence etc
- Monitor customer servicing calls, and identifying opportunities to ensure flawless servicing
- Initiate process improvements by identifying service delivery gaps, offer solutions and successfully implement ideas to enhance American Express products and services
- Ensure compliance for all processes and policies
- Analyze skills and abilities to identify individual strengths and opportunities to develop action plans.
- Plan, and prepare for daily coaching activities to develop and motivate individuals
- Continually develop skills required for Team Leader effectiveness, and seek opportunities to learn from peers.
- Communicate the current state of the business regularly and help team to understand departmental priorities and the impact of these on their role.
- Foster open communication by conducting regular meaningful team meetings/huddles to share success and challenges.
- Use communication and role modeling to ensure all team members understand clearly what behaviors are required to provide extraordinary customer care.
Are you ready for the challenge
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degreeAN ADVANTAGE
- Minimum total work experience of 5 yearsREQUIRED
- Direct people leading experience of 2-8 years in a Premium call center customer service environmentREQUIRED(with BFSI account as TL, additional billing / first call resolution experience would beAN ADVANTAGE)
- Previous heavy exposure to drive Voice of the Customer metricsREQUIRED
- Demonstrated follow-up, coaching and conflict resolution skills required. Must be an expert in basic soft skills & technical skills (proficient in Microsoft applications such as MS Excel and MS PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities, work in a fast-paced environment and make decisions quickly while demonstrating flexibility / adaptability / personal accountability
- Creative and dynamic thinker. Proven history of implementing development and action plans to aid in growing team member skills to drive results
- A natural and inspirational coach - a proven motivator of people
- A passion for, and experience in the delivery of premium customer service
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities, work in a fast paced environment and make decisions quickly
- Demonstrated superior communication/interpersonal skills
- Effective mediator
- Creative and dynamic thinker
- Proven ability to drive improvements in team performance
- Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel
- People leadership experience preferred
- Strong customer focus
- Analytics experience
- Critical thinking
- Problem-solving and decision-making
- Location: 5th Avenue corner 30th Street, BGC Corporate Center 2, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, 1634
- Workplace Flexibility: Full Time, Rotating Shift
- Work from Home Requirements:
- Must have at least 25 mbps internet connection plan / speed
- Must have a private & quiet area to work at home
- Must be amenable to work in Taguig once community quarantine measures are lifted
- American Express offers a fantastic and diverse working environment. High performance is rewarded with target driven incentives
- This role is not open to visa sponsorship according to business requirements.
We're open to discuss this further in the process - but we're pretty sure that whatever American Express comes up with as an offer - it would be something that you won't be able to refuse! You'll be able to enjoy most of our amazing benefits on your first day with us and that's just the icing on the cake. In American Express, our people come first, so the longer you stay, the more 'savings' you make and look forward to thanks to our Retirement Benefits!Application Process
Our recruitment process is100% VIRTUAL.
Once screened and invited by the Talent Acquisition team, expect at least 1-2 video call interviews to happen after. The interview will be conducted by our Operations Team Leaders and Operations Director.Our service operates over a 24/7 environment and we are hiring for various shifts - may have to work on rotational shifts, PRIMARILY NIGHT SHIFT depending on business needs including weekends and holidays.Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To know more about our recruitment process, you may watch this short video -