Job DescriptionOperations Manager (Travel and Lifestyle Services)You lead the way. We've got your back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we're supporting our customers financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what's possible - and we're proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. Join #TeamAmex and let's lead the way together.Responsibilities:
A successful Manager within American Express Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) has a passion for delivering outstanding service and demonstrates leadership ability to encourage their team to drive outstanding business results.
This role will support teams in TLS Manila. They will coach a team of highly skilled and motivated Team Leaders and Travel Consultants who craft unforgettable trips and experiences for our Card Members.
The Manager will set team and individual performance goals, use performance metrics and reporting to drive performance and business results, supervise customer interactions to ensure outstanding service, and provide consistent and ongoing mentoring and feedback to ensure their teams are performing at their highest levels.
The Manager is an entrepreneur who is an advocate and supporter of both their colleagues and their clients. They thrive in ambiguity and can effectively lead their team through change. They are intellectually curious, constantly aspiring for information about their team, the business, the industry, and they share a passion for growth and knowledge with their teams and peers.
This position will drive financial results and identify customer needs to deliver extraordinary customer care to demanding clientele. Collaboration will be key to develop & deliver innovative solutions to improve customer & colleague satisfaction. As a Manager of TLS, you will be responsible for:
- Encouraging Team Leaders and their teams to achieve and exceed their goals by providing outstanding coaching, training, and development and by rewarding and recognizing results
- Evaluating team performance on an ongoing basis and providing continuous coaching and feedback
- Assessing the team's skill levels and proficiencies and crafting development and action plans that are owned and driven by the employees
- Driving Extraordinary business results by leading teams to achieve and exceed revenue and customer goals at the individual, team, site and network level
- Delighting the customer by ensuring their teams provide an accurate, consistent, and high-quality experience
- Communicating with their team to ensure that they are well informed about issues which affect them and their customers
- Creating and implementing creative solutions to grow the business
- Challenging themselves and their team to set the standard, by driving continuous improvement
- Measures of success for this role include portfolio performance, employee engagement and improved customer satisfaction metrics and sales
A successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
Work at Home Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years successful leadership experience
- Knowledge of travel agency regulations, operations and procedures preferred
- Experience working and leading from a virtual environment
- Ability to drive and measure business results
- Great teammate who has shown success in working with teams to accomplish goals
- Ability to successfully understand and implement policies, procedures, and programs
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Meticulous with strong organizational and prioritization skills who can work well under pressure
- Ability to work late schedule to support US Servicing with some flexibility to adjust working schedule as required
- Current minimum speed requirements are 25 mbps download x 5 mbps upload speeds, preferably through broadband cable or fiber optic services.
- A secure home office, located at your confirmed address of residence, free from background noise or other distractions
Work at Home is only temporary and as soon as it is safe, you will be asked to report to the office site in Bonifacio Global City. Why American Express
- Attractive base pay
- Competitive performance-based bonus
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Free HMO coverage from day 1 for the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement Fund
- Career development including training and career growth
- Generous maternity/paternity paid leave
- Private mother's room*
- On-site gym*
- Yoga/Dance studio*
- Rest & Relaxation rooms (game room, library, karaoke, movie, and lounge)*
- On-site clinic*
*Facilities available once the office is re-opened Find your place in travel on #TeamAmex.This role is not open to visa sponsorship according to business requirements.Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To know more about our recruitment process, you may watch this short video -