Job Description :
The Data Quality Analyst is a developing professional role. Applies specialty area knowledge in monitoring, assessing, analyzing and/or evaluating processes and data. Identifies policy gaps and formulates policies. Interprets data and makes recommendations. Researches and interprets factual information. Identifies inconsistencies in data or results, defines business issues and formulates recommendations on policies, procedures or practices. Integrates established disciplinary knowledge within own specialty area with basic understanding of related industry practices. Good understanding of how the team interacts with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area. Develops working knowledge of industry practices and standards. Limited but direct impact on the business through the quality of the tasks/services provided. Impact of the job holder is restricted to own team.Responsibilities:
- Works with database developers to implement databases, performs data analytics and other strategies to optimize the efficiency and quality of the data being collected.
- Partners with business teams to prioritize business and information needs and develop process improvements, solutions, and streamline operational workflows.
- Performs feasibility analysis for significant process changes.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources to maintain database systems. Identifies and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Uses professional judgment, discretion, and business expertise to resolve varied and complex issues that have notable impact on the business.
- Integrates indepth specialty area operational knowledge, combined with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices.
- Communicates with tact and diplomacy in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information with project stake holders or internal parties.
- Monitors performance and quality control plans to identify any issues or ways to improve systems and database designs.
- Supports projects to acquire data, manage it and present it for use in reporting and statistics, such as a Scorecard.
- Participates in discussions and requirement gathering sessions, reaching consensus and recommending solutions on issues and projects.
- Tests features and functionality in planned software releases as needed.
- Supports requirements for ongoing reporting and audit deliverables as needed.
- Generates, reviews and distributes of error reports.
- Follows-up on incident tickets.
- Performs other job duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 0-2 years relevant experience
- Analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.ROHQ - ISG - DOI/SPIDER Operations, Data Quality AnalystJob Purpose:
Primary responsibility is to ensure data integrity in the Disclosure of Interest (DOI) Compliance tool, SPIDER - Securities Position, Interest Disclosure and Enterprise Reporting - and provide operational deliverables to global stakeholders in order to meet regulatory reporting requirements. This position interacts with all levels of management, including Senior Management within ICG and with other business functions, such as Compliance, Legal, Markets, Technology, and Operations. Candidate should be comfortable working in situations in which his or her role may change often, be able to maintain confidentiality, and work through the subtleties of the organization.Function Background/Context:
The scope of the SPIDER application is to be a central repository of all security positions globally held by the Firm and all its subsidiaries for equity and equity-related instruments. SPIDER will allow users to monitor and report on these positions to satisfy regulatory, compliance and ad-hoc reporting needs.
The DOI/SPIDER Operations team has been mandated to ensure high level of data quality in the SPIDER application and ensure that specific regulatory reports accurately reflect Citigroup's business activities. The SPIDER application and Disclosure of Interest (DOI) reporting entails a set of tasks based on specific assumptions, jurisdiction rule sets, and process dependencies.Key Responsibilities:
Works independently with Business users, Technology counterparts, and other necessary support functions within Citi to ensure data quality in SPIDER, while efficiently bringing down exception numbers by collaborating with the team.
Responsible for successful completion of deliverables, and initiating efficiencies and process improvement, where applicable.
Develops strong working relationships with key stakeholders by clearly addressing issues to achieve timely resolution.
Negotiates priorities and helps to resolve conflicts as soon as these arise.
Ensures clear lines of communications exist among stakeholders so each individual understands the issues being addressed, benefits, actions and roles/responsibilities required to meet a common goal.
Implements engagement review and quality assurance procedures in accordance with the team's methodology to ensure profitable and successful execution of engagements, as measured by global goals and customer satisfaction.
Ensures consistent and uniform processes are employed, and initiates automation where efficiencies can be achieved in alignment to the global mandate.
Stays abreast of best in class practice, relevant news and internal/external changes, and ensures proper governance and controls are in place.
Expected to be an example of the following principles and will be assessed and asked to demonstrate these principles where applicable during the selection process:
Req Qualifications:Person SpecificationKnowledge/Experience:
Treat everyone with dignity and respect
Create an environment where talent thrives
Act with urgency, courage and conviction
Inspire excellence - be the standard
Be accountable - own the outcome
Be unselfish - empower others
Reward results - promote meritocracy
Act with integrity - do what is right
Collaborate - be a team
Leadership - it begins with you
Proven track record in client service delivery, data quality, and root cause analysis in a Business Analyst or Operations role
Good understanding of Equity business and Capital Markets
Sound knowledge of Traded and Derivative products
Experience handling regulatory requirements applicable for the disclosure of investment holdings (ie. SEC 13F), especially during corporate actions, such as splits, mergers, spinoffs, etc.
Experience working with diverse cultures and countries.
Data Quality and Issue management - Understanding, identifying and proactively managing issues, queries and exceptions through root cause and deep dive analysis to determine realistic options and resolutions.
Stakeholder Management - The systematic identification, analysis and planning of actions to engage, communicate, and negotiate with and influence stakeholders.
Technology Management - Managing and enabling available and emerging technologies to benefit the resolution of known issues and deliver efficiencies to current operational processes.
Monitor Business Processes - Managing business processes to make sure the organization delivers outputs that meet stakeholders needs, and organizational and regulatory requirements.
Value Management - Applying a structured approach to defining what value means to the organization and the Business users: allowing the needs, problems or opportunities to be defined and then enabling the review of the initial objectives to ensure the optimal approach and solution.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or equivalent experience
Background in SQL, Oracle, advanced skills in MS Excel or other analytical tools
As this is a global function, excellent command and fluency in English is required, other languages are an asset
Minimum of 4 years working experience in a Financial Services institution
Minimum experience of 2-3 years in a Compliance, Data Quality, Operations or Technology role
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience
Willing to work EMEA or NIGHT-SHIFT on rotation
Willing to work occasional extended hours
Willing to work either physically in the office (on-site) or remotely (work from home) on a scheduled basis.
Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills, with the ability to facilitate and build consensus of opinions while mitigating or resolving an issue or a conflict
Ability to present best practices, new ideas, work practices and processes in a manner which fosters continuous improvement
Clear pragmatism and urgency in delivering results
Attention to detail, time management, and accuracy is essential
Keen team player and able to work as an individual and with the team
Can influence peers and global counterparts to work towards shared goals
Confident under pressure with a strong desire to succeed
Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines without supervision, and organize priorities
Demonstrates Citi O&T culture values.
-------------------------------------------------Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review .
View the poster. View the .
View the .