• Support network incident and change activities in a 24x7 global operations team on assigned shift.
• Troubleshoot and isolate network incidents within large-scale complex IT environments.
• Proactively manage network components in order to prevent incidents.
• Utilize all Network Monitoring and Management tools in an efficient and timely manner.
• Support changes to the production network while following all required change procedures.
• Process internal and external client requests for network changes in line with agreed policies and procedures.
• Follow escalation procedures and process, recommend improvements when required.
• Review, track and update network operations policies, standards, and processes.
• Review production changes for adherence against agreed policy and best practices.
• Work collaboratively with ICAP’s other IT infrastructure teams.
• Fulfil any additional / ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously working with minimal supervision
• Good communication skills both verbal and written
• Willingness to go above and beyond expectations
• Demonstrates a resilient, positive and proactive attitude
• Ability to work well in a team (experience of working in a global team preferred)
• Experience of working in Financial Services
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a network operations environment.
• Excellent network troubleshooting experience.
• Excellent working knowledge of Cisco hardware and configuration (IOS/NX-OS).
• Good working knowledge of Checkpoint firewall products
• Good working knowledge of routing protocols in particular BGP, OSPF, EIGRP and PIM
• Working knowledge of F5 load balancers
• Experience of configuring and supporting VPN including SSL, GRE and IPSec.
• Experience of working with Web proxies (e.g. Bluecoat/Scansafe).
• Experience of networking tools (e.g. Netscout, Ciscoworks, HPOV, Wireshark).
• Awareness of ITIL processes (change control, incident management etc).
• Skilled in Microsoft Office applications
• Cisco CCNP or equivalent experience
• Check Point CCSA or CCSE
Schedule - Shift rota