At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is â€˜people first, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You'll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people's lives. You're encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you. Role description:
The role is based in Subic, Zambales. Carry out Project Management Lead for MEP and Fire Protection for the Construction of the Project on behalf of the Client.
Responsible for the planning, management, coordination and financial control of a project. Role accountabilities:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Ensure compliance with Project and Programme Management Department and ARCADIS policies and procedures
- Assist with the collection of payments from the Client.
- Establish partnerships with the Clients team working together for the benefit of the Project.
- Attendance to High-Level Meetings with the Client during project duration.
- Ensure all parties, including Contractor, work together as a team to provide a finished project, in a time frame acceptable to the Client, to the quality required by the Client, and to a budget acceptable to the Client.
- Ensure a clear organizational structure with good communication lines between all parties.
- Review provisions of the Contract to ensure that Client is protected, and that obligations of the Main Contractor is clear.
- Enforce the Form of Contract in the project when it is needed to ensure control of the project.
- Oversee the execution of the project on a weekly basis with the Project Manager and Junior Project Manager, including pre- construction, construction and post construction phases and act decisively should the project run into delay or any activity is being carried out in an unsafe manner
- Compliance with the contents of the Development Management Practice Manual in the execution of the work
- Preparation and Maintain of the Project Construction Risk Profile
- Checking and Maintaining of the Project Directory, Risk Register and Project Execution Plan during the term of the Project
- Supervise, monitor and take clear, decisive and proactive action in conjunction with the Client when required during the execution of the Works during construction and Post Construction Phases in accordance with the Contract between the Client and the Contractor.
- Review, comment and approve Contractors construction program, monitor and report updates during execution of the Works
- Review, comment, monitor and report to Client, Contractors progress against program on a weekly / monthly basis including manpower, plant and materials
- Monitor the furnishing and distribution of information to the appropriate parties in a timely manner taking into accounts the status of the program
- Review contractor submittals and facilitate approval and responses to items such as material submittals, shop drawings and RFIs
- Ensure Health and Safety is implemented, including generating H&S Reports on a weekly / monthly basis.
- Provide to the Client - High Level Monthly Report of the Project.
- Preparation and updating of a QA / QC report on a weekly / monthly basis
- Monitor and update testing and commissioning program
- Monitor all testing and commissioning manuals, testing certificates and warranties in accordance with Contractors contract closeout deliverables.
- Preparation, monitoring and update schedule of punchlist items.
- Assist Client project leads to organize and chair workshops and meetings with clear procedures to ensure they are conducted in a constructive and proactive manner, including preparation and prompt distribution of meeting minutes.
- Review and approve all recommendation of evaluation of Contractors progress and final payment applications
- Review and monitor master plan and master program against actual progress particularly critical activities
- Review and issuance of Construction Close Out Report
- Checking drawings, review project work scope, drawings and requirements for compliance to engineering design, materials, procurement, fabrication and construction
- Liaising with Client and their representatives, consultants, contractors, suppliers, quantity surveyor and the general workforce involved in the project
- Overseeing quality control, health and safety matters on the site, and ensuring that regulations are adhered to:
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties, and other problems that may arise
- Identify risks and issues, suggest alternatives that lead to the best solution
- Reviews and manage contractual obligations of the parties and provides continual review to ensure that all terms and conditions are met.
- Graduate of Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 5-10 years of work experience in managing New Build Construction Projects with primary responsibility for mechanical / electrical and plumbing systems
- Knowledge of Building Codes, Mechanical Codes, Electrical Codes and Plumbing Codes
- Experience on upscale Construction Projects within hospitality sector
- Awareness in implementing Health and Safety and able to lead by example.
- Knowledge of full life cycle of Project Management activities (design, tendering, construction, closeout) with demonstrated experience in managing sites, site coordination and client presentation
- Can do basic Cost Estimates and Cost Monitoring
- Can lead a team to deliver project on time, with quality and within cost.
- Knowledgeable in Quality Assurance
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written. Able to communicate with management and Main Client confidently and professionally
- Can present project reports and progress, risks and issues proactively
Why Become an Arcadian
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people's lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth's resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN's Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it's not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day, which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people.
Transform Your World