Medical Coders will be responsible for applying clinical knowledge to review evidentiary documentation from medical records and to use exceptional communication skills internally and externally. Therefore, this position requires the ability to perform medical record review, diagnostic coding, the abstraction of pharmaceutical studies, HEDIS medical records review and other related duties in high quality and productive environment.
Clinical Abstraction assignments may include work from all lines of Company business (e.g., diagnostic auditing, HEDIS review, drug safety/efficacy studies). Each assignment will have specific requirements and timelines.
- Diagnostic Coding: Clinical Readers review assigned medical records and apply appropriate diagnostic codes and modifiers according to Generally Accepted Medical Coding Guidelines, ICD-10-CM Guidelines and CMS Correct Coding Initiatives, coding guidelines approved by CMS, and all rules, regulations and guidelines promulgated by CMS and applicable to contractors and subcontractors of CMS-approved sponsors (collectively Standards), all as reasonably interpreted by the Company.
- HEDIS Reviews: Clinical Readers review assigned medical records and document measure specific clinical data according to NCQA technical specifications for hybrid medical records reviews.
- Health Outcomes Studies: Clinical Readers review assigned medical records and document relevant clinical data according to stated study objectives. Other specific details of the job will be made known to the employee by their immediate supervisor which may be in varying scope dependently on prevailing project undertakings.
What's in it for you
- At least 6 months of coding experience (ICD-9-CM/ICD-10-CM/HCPCS/PCS), required
- Active Medical Coding License by AAPC and /or AHIMA (i.e CPC-A, CRC), preferred
- Willing to work in BGC, Taguig on a dayshift schedule
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits package
- Private HMO Coverage with coverage of up to 2 dependents*
- Group Life Insurance
- Flexible Medical Reimbursement*
- Performance Bonus and allowances*
- Up to 25** Paid Time Off days in a year
- 20K* SIGN ON BONUS!
For processing, please drop by our Career Hubs in MOA or Eastwood City site. The assignment will be at our BGC office.MOA:
Ground Floor, Two Ecom Center, Tower A, Harbor Drive, MOA Complex, Pasay City (Look for Marnee)Eastwood:
6th floor 1880 Bldg. Eastwood Libis, Quezon City (Look for Kat)
You will be working for Change Healthcare Philippines, Inc. Change Healthcare is headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, USA. The company provides healthcare consumer engagement and cost transparency tools to health plans and large, self-insured employers across the United States. Change Healthcare is a catalyst for your value-based healthcare system. We are a healthcare technology company that offers software, analytics, network solutions, and technology-enabled services to help create a stronger, more collaborative healthcare system. We help deliver measurable value not only at the point of care, but also before, after, and in between care episodes.
Walk-in applicants are highly encouraged to apply!