• A graduate of Bachelor’s of Laws (LLB) or Juris Doctor (JD)
• Candidate must possess a Professional License (Bar) in law or equivalent, RA 1080 Eligibility
• At least 1 year of relevant working experience in litigation
• Provide legal assistance and guidance to the officers of the company on legal matters relevant to administration, including personnel law, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations, and laws pertaining to OTB franchise, lease transactions, contracts and grants, tax matters, worker's compensation, liability and insurance matters, public monies and purchases, affirmative action, and other laws and regulations.
• Anticipate and identify legal issues and counseling officers of the company in order to develop legal strategies and solutions, often in situations of great political, public relations, or financial risk or significance, and with limited time for assessing alternatives.
• Review, research, interpret, and prepares written and oral opinions on a wide variety of legal issues.
• Draft and review, pleadings, memoranda, policies and procedures, regulations, bylaws, and other legal documents.
• Review contracts, leases, and other legal documents; researching legal issues.
• Represent or oversee the representation in behalf of the company in judicial and administrative proceedings, and in negotiations with other agencies.
• Recommend and report to upper management legal matters affecting the operation of the company and labor related problems.
• Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest developments in law and in other related areas.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the General Counsel or higher management.