Director of Engineering
About Wonders Corporation
Wonders Corporation is a technology-enabled service company headquartered in New York City. The company specializes in providing ordering taking, marketing, social media management, and data analytics for the restaurant industry.
Wonders Vision: We are the ding technology and customer service partner for restaurants everywhere.
Wonders Mission: To provide a virtuous ecosystem of tools and services to restaurant operators to help them be more successful.
Wonders Core Values: Client Focus, People-centric, Relentless, Substance, Creative, Efficient, Simplicity
What the role is about
As the Director of Engineering, you will be working on standardizing high level processes; such as incident management, SLA agreement, etc. You will also be working on recruiting and hiring the best talents and figure out what positions we need to fulfil in this growing company.
Who you are
To be a successful director of engineering, you should have exceptional leadership, communication and project management skills, years’ of management experience, and a belief in developing the skills and talents of others. Ideal candidates will have worked in companies that have seen major headcount growth and the challenges and processes that needed to be changed due to that growth. You will also have experience in identifying and navigating organizational changes, a keen interest in international trends in engineering and leadership, and an above average emotional intelligence.
• Leadership and management of managers responsible for engineering teams and providing overall technical direction.
• Ensures applications, systems and network meets the agreed upon SLA
• Establish software engineering standards and guidelines for software engineering organization.
• Conceives team structure and constantly seeks opportunities to adjust team structure to maximize agility and efficiency.
• Champion communications on technology and strategic initiatives.
• Establish a fun, creative and enjoyable environment balanced with strong collaboration and productivity.
• Present issues and risks, and their business impact to management in a timely manner with proposed mitigation. Actively seeks and removes impediments to team success regardless of where they originate.
• Human resource contributions associated with the team, including recruiting, hiring, performance evaluation, and coaching.
• Continuously improves software development productivity, quality, predictability, and team morale.
• Establish people management and processes to attract and retain the best talent in the software and technology space.
• Can do all of the above You are qualified!
• 7+ years in team leadership roles, which includes experience managing managers, and managing multiple teams
• 10+ years of overall software development experience with practical experience working in Agile and DevOps environments
• Proven ability to lead teams of 50-100 engineers and advanced software development practices.
• Strong leadership, critical thinking and analysis, and exceptional communication skills. Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization. Proven ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Highly entrepreneurial, creative, open-minded, highly collaborative and innovative
• Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment
• Solid software engineering foundation indicated by a demonstrated understanding of product design of complex systems, which includes web-based enterprise platforms.
• Experience with DevOps technologies and principles, with proven example having implemented continuous delivery methodologies like continuous integration, continuous deployment and continuous automated testing
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent, M.S. preferred
Our Network/VoIP Stacks: Asterisk VoIP servers, Cisco phones and switches, Ubiquiti routers
Our Development Environment/Best Practice: Agile SCRUM, DevOps, Microservices, OOP, Kanban, SDLC
What’s on offer
Let’s discuss :)
But here’s a glimpse: HMO coverage on the first day of work, with free 4 dependents, Life Insurance, Above market salary, Work within an emerging technology space, You can take ownership of the product you created
Sounds exactly like the sort of role for you Apply now!If you’ve got any questions or wish to have a confidential chat about this role, please reach out to Paul at [Confidential Information] from the Recruiting Team. We’d love to hear from you. :)