Specific Responsibilities (Key Accountabilities)
• At all times, comply with the SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
• Perform various data processing functions, including laboratory data calculations and integrations, quality control checks, LIMS entries, and other data management functions as required.
• Ensure lab deadlines are met and the GBS Team Lead (or section Lab Manager in their absence) is notified immediately if the turnaround time specified cannot be met.
• Ensure all testing methodology and quality control procedures are performed according to NELAP, ISO17025 and assigned SGS lab standards where applicable.
• Notify GBS Team Lead (or section Lab Manager in their absence) immediately of any inconsistency in quality control procedures so they may be rectified immediately.
• Adopt and support specific operational improvement activities as communicated by the GBS Team Lead. These projects will focus on the improvement of quality, efficiency, accreditation, communication and technical improvement.
• Maintain a working knowledge of all required analytical procedures in the section.
• Look for efficiency gains in your section by being aware of new technologies and reviewing existing procedure.
• Be able to respond to technical queries.
• Ensure work area in GBS is kept clean and presentable at all times.
• Remain familiar with SGS quality assurance procedures.
• Be compliant to all SGS QHSE and HR policies and procedures.
PROFILE (Qualifications and Experience)
• Minimum Bachelor of Science degree (Chemistry preferred) from an internationally accredited institution
• A minimum of one year lab experience, including a minimum of 6 months GC and/or GC-MS experience paired with a formal training course
• Prior experience with ChemStation software a plus
• Demonstrated commitment to data quality and operational excellence
REQUIRED SKILLS (Competencies)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language (B2 or C1 level)
• Strong MS Excel skills
• Analytical instrumentation knowledge, particularly chromatography and mass spectrometry
• Self motivated
• High level of integrity
• High level of technical knowledge
• Teamwork and co-operation
• Organisation and efficiency
• Taking responsibility
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.
Functions : Others
Industries : Other
Skills/Roles I hire for: We are hiring for IT technical profiles
level Hiring For: Junior Level, Mid Level, High Level, Top Management