Employment Status: Full-time / 40 hours per week
Work Schedule: 6:00 AM - 3:00 PM Philippine Standard Time (9AM to 6PM Melbourne)
- Work with business stakeholders to develop and manage data access processes and procedures.
- Assist the Data Platform Team Lead in defining and implementing data lifecycle policies including regulated information identification, retention and removal.
- Assess data governance tools and technologies, including metadata, data quality, master and reference data solutions.
- Develop, automate and manage data dictionary documentation and quality controls.
- Provide support to staff members in finding, extracting and understanding data sets.
- Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Sound knowledge of SQL, data analysis, entity relationship diagrams and dimensional modelling.Foundational level understanding of data warehouse capabilities and schema design (reference to Kimball or Inmon).
- Basic understanding of the role of Business Intelligence, Data Science and Data Engineering
- Exposure to ETL/ELT processes (target mappings, transformations, reconciliation).
- Prior experience with data cataloguing tools such as Collibra, Alation, BigID, Atlan is preferred.
- Understanding of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of data assets and approaches related to data protection.
- Effective use of spreadsheets.
- Good stakeholder management and effective communication.
- Understanding of industry frameworks and standards such as DAMA - DMBOK, EDM DCAM or ISO 27001.
- Basic Python or similar scripting/programming experience.
- In depth knowledge of one or several RDBMSs, e.g. MySQL, Postgres
- Query plan optimization and tuning.
- Data formats and data streaming.
- Data visualisation tools such as Tableau or Data Studio.
Own Laptop/Desktop with up-to-date system specifications of at least 8gb ram
Has working Webcam/Headset
Stable lined Internet Connection (Fiber, DSL)