EY’s GDS Tax Technology team’s mission is to develop, implement and integrate technology solutions that better serve our clients and engagement teams. As a member of EY’s core Tax practice, you’ll develop a deep tax technical knowledge and outstanding database, data analytics and programming skills.
Ever-increasing regulations require tax departments to gather, organize and analyse more data than ever before. Often the data necessary to satisfy these ever-increasing and complex regulations must be collected from a variety of systems and departments throughout an organization. Effectively and efficiently handling the variety and volume of data is often extremely challenging and time consuming for a company.
EY's GDS Tax Technology team members work side-by-side with the firm's partners, clients and tax technical subject matter experts to develop and incorporate technology solutions that enhance value-add, improve efficiencies and enable our clients with disruptive and market leading tools supporting Tax.
GDS Tax Technology works closely with clients and professionals in the following areas: Federal Business Tax Services, Partnership Compliance, Corporate Compliance, Indirect Tax Services, Human Capital, and Internal Tax Services. GDS Tax Technology provides solution architecture, application development, testing and maintenance support to the global TAX service line both on a pro-active basis and in response to specific requests.
• Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
• Designs new computer programs by analysing requirements; constructing workflow charts, wire frames and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
• Ability to effectively communicate with other senior leaders on program strategies and plans and negotiate quality solutions.
• Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
• Creating Epic, User Stories and Tasks.
• Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
• Handling the change requirements and GAP Analysis effectively.
• Review the QA test cases and performing Functional and UAT testing.
• Prepares technical reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users.
Qualification & Experience Required
• Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Software Engineering / Information Technology / MBA / MCA.
• An overall 6+ years’ experience working as a Functional, Data or Business Analyst.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal).
• Experience and understanding of technology tools such as Balsamiq, Access, Excel(Advanced), Word, Visio, Jira, TFS and MS Project, Azure DevOps.
• Agile Scrum, Scrum Master and Project management.