FactSet is looking to recruit an attorney for the in-house Legal Department. The Associate Counsel will be part of the global legal team based in Manila. The role will have a heavy emphasis on data and software licensing and represents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and self-motivated lawyer who wishes to learn new skills and work as part of a global legal team. The position will allow a junior attorney to begin taking on responsibilities earlier in one's career that would otherwise only be available at a more senior level. The role will require liaising with EMEA and US based internal and external clients, and thus will be mid-shift (3:00PM to 12:00MN) however, flexibility is possible and can be arranged.
After receiving training, the person in this role will be responsible for reviewing, negotiating, interpreting, executing and/or administering agreements with FactSet's clients and corporate vendors. The Associate Counsel:
- Drafts and negotiates client license agreements and corporate vendor agreements involving data, software as a product, software as a service, platform as a service, infrastructure as a service, etc., as well as non-disclosure agreements
- Negotiates with international counterparties by corresponding or by teleconferencing
- Drives contract lifecycle from drafting through completion of the negotiation process, and/or contract execution, and manages the contracts
- Interprets contracts and advises the product development teams, sales teams, and finance teams in respect of the rights and obligations of parties in agreements
- Liaises with Finance, Marketing, Information Security, Compliance, and Human Resources, to ensure enterprise-wide approach in risk management and compliance with common standards
- Communicates and works collaboratively across multiple teams as well as providing general legal support to the Legal team globally and
- Displays exemplary attention to detail, time management skills, and the ability to prioritize while meeting deadlines.
The successful candidate will have support from the Manila Legal Team as well as the global Legal Department. The successful candidate will also have a desire to learn about new areas and expand on existing training.
Potential candidates must have excellent communication skills, demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, aptitude to develop sound judgment, capacity to multitask and to quickly develop expertise in new fields of law. Timely responsiveness and accountability to other members of our legal team as well as internal and external clients is a key attribute for success.Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 2 and maximum of 4 years experience as a licensed, practicing attorney, with general commercial and corporate experience including reviewing and drafting commercial contracts.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in any of the areas of mergers and acquisitions, financing, software licensing, intellectual property and/or technology is a plus, but not essential.