Assistant Professors serve a critical learning support and facilitation role for student success. Assistant Professors are students primary source of information about course material and assessment requirements. Assistant Professor counsel their assigned students in understanding course material and overcoming obstacles to ensure success. They are responsible for providing highly engaged, student centered support to a group of undergraduate or graduate students. The position requires significant contact via phone, email, web camera, instant messaging and alternate forms of communication.
Assistant Professors take a deep personal interest in their students academic progress and reflect commitment to their students success in all their daily work. They are experts in the details of the academic program and are able to answer or obtain answers to the questions students may have related to course material.
Assistant Professors advise students on time management and schedule benchmarks for the student to successfully master program concepts, knowledge and skills. They help students identify their learning strengths and weaknesses and connect them with the resources necessary to extend the former and overcome the latter. They are incredibly well organized and strong communicators, interpersonally, technologically, and in writing. Finally, they are not only capable in these many areas, but also dedicated to performing these functions in full measure.
- Building student relationships and provide curricular-informed mentoring
- Rapidly answer student questions related to subject matter they are studying (Business Degrees)
- Providing direct, comprehensive program guidance to assigned students
- Maintaining regular communication with students according to university protocol
- Tracking student participation to meet benchmark goals throughout each term
- Be well versed in the use of technology tools: Microsoft Outlook Suite Products, specifically Outlook Calendar
- Assist students in their educational planning and progress from initial enrollment to graduation.
- Evaluate student learning styles, skills, deficiencies and goals; assist students in the development of Academic Action Plans; identify appropriate learning resources for them to use; and facilitate their use of those resources.
- Monitor student academic progress, communicating with each student weekly on a personalized basis; intervene as necessary to assist those students having difficulty, and complete required University reports on their academic status.
- Provide exceptional student support by responding to student questions per university KPIs
- Assist with scoring student assessments according to pre-designed rubrics
- Must have a Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- 4 years related professional experience.
- 3 years teaching experience highly desired.
- Higher education teaching and/or curricular experience.
- Strong student success orientation and extraordinary communication skills.
- Expert level knowledge in one or more fields covered by the competencies required in university programs. (Business Degree includes finance, HR, management, technology, Data Science, International Business, etc)
- Technologically proficient, specifically with online programs, tracking and communication technology..
- Experience with integrated technology systems and tools..
- Highly proficient Microsoft Office skills and strong Internet capabilities..
- Must be able to spend significant time working at a computer and on the telephone.
- A remarkable talent for organization is a requirement.
- Must be able to communicate at a high level verbally and in writing.
- Excellent collaboration skills, ability to work as a member of a team.
- Must be willing to work in the Night Shift/Shifting schedule as a Full Time Employee in Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City