Person responsible for all Accounts Payable activities from invoice processing to payments and vendor reconciliation in support of global Source to Pay goals
This position is responsible for working with the buying, sourcing and finance team to ensure accuracy and completeness of invoices to be processed. This person will be responsible for data integrity, ensuring all Sourcing and Finance managed data is true and correct. This position will balance a variable workload and be able to prioritize tasks according to the business demands.
Responsible for managing a team of Accounts Payable resources (individual contributors) and part of the extended leadership team of Source to Pay department
- Manage the performance of all Accounts Payable staff within his/her scope - activities that are for a specific countries, region or area assigned to him/her, which includes (but not limited to) the following:
- Processing of invoices and those that are requiring immediate attention, including but not limited to utilities, freight, landed costs, customs duties, tax, etc.
- Data entry, capturing credit memos, prepayments, invoice plans and down payment requests
- Issue resolution - researches invoice, statement, and account issues, looking for over, under or unresolved payments
- Payments processing and controls to avoid payment issues
- Handling supplier account balance reconciliation including bank statement review, G/L recon, GR/IR recon, statement reviews, and open credits
- Meet the minimum target daily productivity set by the Accounts Payable Team Manager for his/her team
- First escalation point - resolve escalations or issues that his/her team cannot resolve
- Follows a variety of clearly defined procedures under general guidance within Finance or Accounting areas;
- Ensures compliance to internal source-to-pay business rules and SOX controls
- Provide support to Accounts Payable staff for any changes in the Accounts Payable process or Finance/Accounting policy as a result of automation, improvement projects, global deployment or audit recommendation
- Administrative functions related to managing people - ie leaves, coaching, career, development, etc.
- Coordinate with the Q&P Analyst on the review of updates made to Accounts Payable SOP’s in alignment with GSC standards and thereafter updates to the Accounts Payable process onboarding procedures and in the reporting of all metrics (SLA's/KPI's/Operational) of her country/ies
- May also act as focal for any new deployments in his/her area of expertise (ie SAP deployment, etc.)
- Contribute to the achievement of Continuous Improvement or LSS targets as assigned by the Accounts Payable Team Manager or STP Operations Manager
- Other tasks as maybe assigned by the Accounts Payable Team Manager or STP Operations Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or Business Administration, Finance, Economics or Management courses.
- 3-5 years experience within Finance or Accounting transactional activities
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English (and any language if specifically identified in the position)
- Highly customer service and quality oriented mindset;
- Proficient research, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Knowledge of finance or accounting principles; CPA an advantage but not required
- Proficient in using MS Office tools;
- Structured approach to effectively and efficiently planning own workload;
- Team oriented person who can focus on the details. With experience in handling people (5-15 subordinates)
- Proficient in using ERP/SAP, Sourcing Tools and Applications
- Knowledge in English, and Nihongo (Writing, Speaking, Listening and Reading Skills) are necessary for this role