Position Title: Accounts Assistant
Duty Station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre, Philippines
Classification: General Service/G-5
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: January 29, 2020
Under the general supervision of the Director, Manila (Global) Administrative Centre, the supervision of the Systems Support Officer and the direct supervision of the National Accounts Officer, Airline Invoice Settlement Section (AISS), the successful candidate will specifically assist with the accounting for airline transport payments under global agreements at the Airline Invoice Settlement Section (AISS).
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or any related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years relevant professional experience in the field of accounting/bookkeeping preferably gained from an international airline; good understanding of the airline business;
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience;
- Professional certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or its equivalent an advantage.
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge of IOM accounting rules and regulations as well as automated accounting system (SAP/PRISM) and operations system (I-GATOR);
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
How to apply:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience or a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please visit https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/vacancy/MAC/iom-personal-history-form1.xlsx
For further details, you may visit: https://philippines.iom.int/vacancies/accounts-assistant
Interested applicants may send their applications to [HIDDEN TEXT] no later than 29 January 2020. VN Number and Position Title (VN 009/2020 – Accounts Assistant) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.