Plans, organizes, leads and controls the activities of the Training and Development Department in order to efficiently cultivate and harness the potentials of existing personnel with the end goal of maximizing human resources and increasing productivity. This is done by efficiently assessing training needs of employees, coming up with suitable training programs, providing learning sessions and analyzing results, and identifying performers and non-performers.
1. Ensures the timely and comprehensive evaluation of individual employee performance in coordination with respective department/division heads.
2. Responsible for the objective and thorough analysis of all evaluations submitted and makes recommendations on the necessary action to be taken on same.
3. Comes up with suitable programs as corrective measures to defined performance problems.
4. Continually studies the Company Performance Appraisal System and comes up with recommended changes to ensure a constantly updated and objective tool for assessing employee performance.
5. Comes up with a summary and overall analysis of the performance appraisals to be used as a guide in making corporate decisions on manpower planning and career development/pathing of all employees.
6. Designs the Company’s personnel training and development program in the following manner:
- Develops outlines and materials
- Selects methods and media
- Synthes content, media and method into an integrated program
- Tests and evaluates training programs.
7. Implements the training design:
- Analyzes and responds to learning needs of individual employees
- Adapts training design to specific situations
- Conducts learning exercises; facilities learning sessions, counsel/coach employees when needed
- Evaluates training design and provides feedback on same
8. Performs other functions that may be assigned from time to time
A. Planning Activities
1. Comes up with departmental budget based on approved work plans and projects.
2. Reviews existing systems and recommends changes, introduces new ones as he sees fit with the end goal of maximizing materials and manpower.
3. Continually updates self on latest training methods for study prior to adoption.
4. Continually devises ways and means to maximize manpower without sacrificing quality of service.
5. Defines objectives of the department to set the overall direction in area of responsibility.
B. Administrative Duties
1. Schedules working hours of personnel in the department.
2. Maintains and uplifts employee discipline and morale
3. Ensures proper dissemination of information particularly with regards to Company Policies and Regulations through regular meetings with staff.
4. Controls the expenses of the department
5. Ensures transfer of technology to staff through various training tools.
6. Evaluates performance of personnel in the department and recommends actions based on same.
C. Coordinating Activities
1. Keeps abreast of problems and issues of other departments/divisions and assists in the solution of same through attending managers’ meeting
2. Coordinates with Division/Department Manager and Supervisors in order to come up with feasible training programs for employees in all levels.
3. Coordinates with resource speakers, consultants in the design and implementation of training programs.
III. Scope of Authority
1. Recommends the following:
- Purchase of training materials and equipment
- Adoption of training designs and programs
- Changes in HRD policies in the areas of training and development
- All personnel action of department staff and other employees for promotion based on proper job matching thru staff assessment
- Employees, supervisors and managers qualified to attend external seminars.
- Changes in Performance Evaluation System
- Additional staff for the department when necessary
2. Approves the following:
- Materials/supplies requisition
- Applications for leave of absence, overtime and authority to purchase off employees in the department
- Gate pass
- Authority to Recopy
- Requests for personnel, personnel movement