n this role, you will be working closely with the HK test automation engineer and development team to analyze, and building test automation scripts around the chosen set of APIs, integrating them within the continuous integration framework / ensuring compatibility with Cloud based infrastructure. The test scripts will need to be comprehensive to cover various possible data combinations using the selected API(s). Additionally, you will be also working with offshore and onshore test automation engineers together to deliver the overall automation suite. Ensure breakdown of tasks, dependencies, end objectives are clearly understood and any clarifications are sought early in the cycle. You also have to effectively follow test plan / schedule for building automation scripts, executing these and reporting test results on daily basis once the working scripts are in place. Moreover, automation of the scripts will also include execution of component tests, system tests, integration tests, regression tests, and performance tests in accordance with agreed test suite. Each and every Test automation script to be clearly documented. You will also be involved with continuous innovation thinking brining in best practices and efficiencies.
We need a strong Test Automation Engineer with:
- at least 6+ years’ experience in software application testing with a minimum of 3+ years into software test automation,
- experience in software automation testing tools and framework using SpecFlow, Selenium, Python, REST API, CODED UI / UFT/ QC,
- a computer science degree, engineering degree, or equivalent
- SQL hands on experience,
- excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- capability to effectively relate how IT solutions contribute to business results,
- capable of working through vague specifications and coordinating with relevant stakeholders to obtain clarity on expectations,
- demonstrable track record of test automation ownership and accountability
- Demonstrable track record of designing test automation suites using various tools, techniques and framework,
- strong experience in preparation of test automation scripts, building test estimates, tracking test execution& reporting progress until project completion,
- highly self-motivated, flexible, adaptable and results oriented individual.
- Prior exposure to Finance domain would be an added advantage.
- Prior experience using any test management or defect management tool (HP Quality Centre or Jira would be preferred)