Duties and Responsibilities
The Architect is accountable for developing the technology and information vision, strategy and architecture to support a specific technology discipline, ensuring that the architecture meets Company business and enterprise technology strategy and architecture requirements. The Architect manages the overall development and implementation plan for architecture components and services. This role covers architecture aspects of technical and functional spaces, both network (voice and data convergence) and applications: storage, servers, host and distributed infrastructure, client compute strategies (desktop and mobile), along with virtualization strategies across all the domains, Service Oriented Architecture, portal, search, data integration and consumption by applications, collaboration, enterprise content management, and mobile applications.
The responsibilities of this position will include but not limited to:
• Recommends and advocates target architecture, architecture strategy and vision and processes
• Create 3-5 year enterprise application technology vision and strategy for architecture and application, software platforms, and shared solutions
• Consults on architecture related concerns and direction and alignment to overall IT strategy
• Partner with key stakeholders and proactively consult to projects regarding architecture concerns and direction.
• Designs architecture components.
• Assesses new technologies and develop solutions appropriate to business requirements for the particular Discipline, and that leverage architecture standards.
• Maintains awareness and knowledge of new concepts, emerging technology, architecture, industry and Company developments and proposes and makes changes to architecture as necessary.
• Develops technical strategies by actively leading and/or participating on results-focused Domain Teams.
• Performs Architecture Assurance Reviews, governance and standards to support technology strategy.
• Participates as needed in application architecture assessments and reviews.
• Identify risks, opportunities, compliance issues or other architectural concerns.
• Analyzes and resolves architecture related issues and problems
• Leads analysis of complex production support issues that are related to respective Discipline.
• Maintain expert knowledge of industry and technology trends and their potential impacts to Company
• Researches new and emerging technologies, processes, methodologies, and practices. Evaluates the potential value of the technology for use in discipline and enterprise. Prepares recommendations for applying the technology in enhancing, modifying or replacing current technologies already in place.
• Identifies need, and ensures architectural resources are appropriately engaged in projects
• Actively supports scalability, skills transfer and organizational change management by ensuring Domain Team members are rotated to promote cross-training and professional development.