Be in a position where you can perform complex research, design, and develop projects within a software functional area or product line, to have direct participation to project plans, schedules, and scope in the development of cross-functional software products. Perform software design — typically across various systems; Mentor junior members of the team; and coordinate with clients, internal project team members, and at times, 3rd-party providers.
- Design, Develop and maintain airline application software following Navitaire standards.
- Perform technical impact analysis, coding and unit testing
- Build expertise on assigned functionality in the Navitaire system
- Provide technical expertise to the product/team in various technologies used by Navitaire applications.
- Provide functional and technical solution for customer and internal change requests
- Train and assist other developers in all aspects of the work
- Coordinate with Lead/Manager on workload and assignments
- Research and resolve production issues according to team guidelines and procedures
- Train and provide assistance to other team members in area(s) of technical and functional expertise
- Candidate must possess a University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar discipline.
- At least a year of professional programming experience
- With hands on development experience in any of the following programming languages - C#, C++, or Java
- Airline industry knowledge or experience a plus
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills. Proven ability to analyze and solve problems and issues effectively and quickly.
- Relevant project management skills – project status reporting, task delegation, stakeholder management
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced and multi-cultural environment
- Team player, high initiative and quick learner
Company Information/ Profile
Navitaire, a wholly owned Amadeus Company, delivers industry leading technology services supporting growth, profitability and innovation to airlines and rail clients worldwide, including many of the world’s most successful airlines.
Navitaire offers a full suite of proven solutions focused on revenue generation and streamline costs in the areas of reservations, ancillary sales, loyalty, revenue management, revenue accounting and business intelligence. Each day, more than 500 employees based in five global office develop, support and operate Navitaire solutions to help our clients continue to move the travel industry forward. Together, Navitaire and Amadeus share a passion for helping our business partners improve their passengers’ travel experience and solve critical business challenges. Our collective open minds and open technologies continue to transform travel for all.
Shaping the future of travel has always been important to us. Today, with Technology getting smarter by the minute, the future is more exciting than ever. At Amadeus, we have the chance to make a difference for millions of journeys worldwide because we work at the heart of the global travel industry.
We offer you the opportunity to learn and grow everyday so that you can drive your own progression in an engaging environment. We are passionate about what we do and believe in aiming for excellence; taking responsibility; working together and putting the customer first. Join us and Shape the Future of Travel.
• IT/Computers - Software • Airlines/Aviation/Aerospace • Travel/Tourism
Full Time, Employee