Your work will include, but not limited to the following:
• Implement and adhere Security posture policies
• Accountable for the implementation, management, and support for on premise and cloud-based database and business intelligence solutions including:
o Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS), Analysis Services (SSAS), Azure SQL Server
o Power BI Enterprise Service and On-Premise Gateway
o Designer, Aggregates and Data Sets
• Accountable for ensuring the SQL Servers, Instances, Databases, Queries, and Jobs are running at peak performance
• Accountable for ensuring that the security, high availability, data protection, disaster recovery, and storage aligns to the business requirements
• Develop and manage ETL and data integration solutions using SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
• Database Server Configuration (OS and SQL level)
• Performance Optimization (Queries, Index, Configuration)
• Troubleshoot application database connectivity, SQL server issues, query performance, SQL HA/DR (i.e. SQL Cluster, AlwaysOn, Mirroring, DB replication) and other issues in production and development. Coordinate/implement production fixes, or advise the application owner/administrator/developer, as appropriate
• Install, manage and support High Availability and Disaster Recovery Solution (AlwaysOn)
• Automate and support DBA Security task.
• Oversight and coordination of managed services vendors for SQL administration, development and maintenance activities
• Working closely with DBA, Analysts, Architects, Dev Ops and Infrastructure Engineers.
• Four (4) year degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management
• Experienced in a Database Administration and/or Development role
• Experienced in troubleshooting database performance issues and SQL performance tuning
• Other assets: Experience working in AWS and Azure cloud
• Accountable – takes ownership of responsibilities & tasks
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team