The Navitaire Digital Services organization is looking for a project manager who will be assigned to work with agile teams of technical and business domain experts to develop airline consumer facing websites, mobile apps, backend integration solutions and other innovative digital solutions that help our airline customers maximize the potential of their digital platforms.
• Collaborate with Product Owner(s) to ensure a groomed backlog of user stories is prepared for the team to execute against.
• Use the team’s estimated velocity against the initial backlog to predict project duration, and identify potential release milestones; Re-plan frequently as actual velocity is identified and backlog is re-prioritized.
• Regular communication of project status to internal and external stakeholders.
• Influence and keep team focused on progress toward project goals & drive continuous improvement initiatives.
• Prepare and execute an effective change control process and customer communication plan.
• Schedule and facilitate iteration planning, review, and retrospective events.
• Track and manage project controls (risks, impediments and dependencies).
• Track and report on User Story and Feature completion in accordance with Definition of Done.
• Influence and keep team focused on progress toward project goals.
• Ensure that the project is managed to budget, time and quality; that it delivers the benefits anticipated in the business case.
• Work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously without impact to quality of work.
• Assist in triaging support requests from customers.
• Generate and publish project metrics regularly.
• Assist in preparation of work orders for potential projects.
• Help manage the team’s document repository.
• Must possess a University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar discipline.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in the Technology industry
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Project Manager managing and implementing projects in a software development environment with multi-function teams.
• Proficient in Microsoft Project and all Office tools.
• Strong interpersonal skills including collaborating and team building.
• Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demand.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence.
• Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills especially related to customer management up to the executive level.
• Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as proficient knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
• Experience overseeing multi-function projects with at least 5 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Engineers.
• Sufficient level of technical background to effectively collaborate with development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues.
• Prior experience with Scrum framework
• Familiarity with Project Management/ALM tools such as Azure DevOps (aka VSTS), Jira, Rally, VersionOne
• Knowledge in creating Power BI reports
• Airline or travel industry background
• PMP or Scrum-related certification
• Prior experience in managing web app and/or mobile app projects
Company Information/ Profile
Navitaire, a wholly owned Amadeus Company, delivers industry leading technology services supporting growth, profitability and innovation to airlines and rail clients worldwide, including many of the world’s most successful airlines.
Navitaire offers a full suite of proven solutions focused on revenue generation and streamline costs in the areas of reservations, ancillary sales, loyalty, revenue management, revenue accounting and business intelligence. Each day, more than 500 employees based in five global office develop, support and operate Navitaire solutions to help our clients continue to move the travel industry forward. Together, Navitaire and Amadeus share a passion for helping our business partners improve their passengers’ travel experience and solve critical business challenges. Our collective open minds and open technologies continue to transform travel for all.
Shaping the future of travel has always been important to us. Today, with Technology getting smarter by the minute, the future is more exciting than ever. At Amadeus, we have the chance to make a difference for millions of journeys worldwide because we work at the heart of the global travel industry.
We offer you the opportunity to learn and grow everyday so that you can drive your own progression in an engaging environment. We are passionate about what we do and believe in aiming for excellence; taking responsibility; working together and putting the customer first. Join us and Shape the Future of Travel.
• IT/Computers - Software • Airlines/Aviation/Aerospace
Project Leader/Project Manager
Full Time, Employee