The Role and Responsibilities
- The Project Manager works directly for the China Cyber Security Project and collaborates with the Regional IT Director, Regional IT Security Officer, China IT Manager, Regional Legal & Governance Team, Regional Corporate Functions and China Business Units/Leaders, and IT Functional Team Managers to achieve compliance to the mandates of the China Cyber Security Law.
- The Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and overseeing the project, including regulatory, investigative, work plan, and education of each team.
- The Project Manager will work in the oversight, management, and implementation of Cyber Security Law initiatives and projects, and is responsible for project communication and coordination between information security team members, departments, divisions, affiliates, and internal stakeholders.
- The Project Manager also assists with the development and maintenance of project plans and is responsible for tracking progress and anticipating and resolving project delays.
- The Project Manager will facilitate meetings, prepare timeline reports on the progress and status of project milestones, organize the project, its participants, stakeholders, and deliverables, and manage approved projects that have varying level of complexity in nature from conception through completion to include scope, time, and cost.
- The Project Manager may also be assigned to manage approved projects that are less complex in nature from conception through completion with the support and direction of a functional manager and/or lead.
Project Management, Information Management or related field is required or equivalent combination of experience
• Proven experience as a project manager, assisting in the implementation of strategic privacy and information security programs and initiatives, as typically acquired during 5 years in a similar position
• Significant experience in privacy, information security, compliance, or other related healthcare field
• Previous experience in a large projects with knowledge of existing and emerging cyber security law requirements related to privacy and security of information
• Proven experience working with various stakeholders towards successful development and implementation of projects
• Significant knowledge of project management methodologies
• Thorough knowledge of personal computers and relevant applications used in all stages of project management
• Extensive knowledge of information privacy laws, regulations, industry standards and best practices
• General knowledge of project management software, such as Microsoft Project
• Understanding of the continuous process to safeguard protected privacy information and business information assets
• Must be a hands-on contributor to ensure timely deliverables of Privacy and Information Security projects
• Proven aptitude in managing projects and working with groups with divergent views
• Demonstrated ability to influence individuals working on a project without direct control and/or authority
• Proven ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Demonstrated ability to complete projects in a timely manner with little supervision or direction
• Demonstrated ability to set priorities and to respond to changing demands from multiple sources in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to follow through, meet deadlines, anticipate requirements, and build relationships
• Comfort level with internal systems and demonstrated ability to learn new systems
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Demonstrated background in written/verbal communication with the ability to develop educational and informational presentations
• Extensive PC skills including the proven ability to use Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, project management, and similar system to perform analysis, track project progression, develop projections, and submit performance graphics
• Proven ability to multi-task and function within established time frames for deadlines
• Strong team-building orientation, demonstrated communication skills with leadership and executive staff, and the ability to develop and foster relationships at all levels throughout the organization