• Be subject matter expert for Cisco networks and firewalls
• Responding, resolving and troubleshooting 2nd level Support issues on all IT areas such as desktops/laptop.
• Resolve issues escalated by the 1st level support team
• Diagnose and rectify any problems with the network and firewalls and associated peripherals
• Maintain our firewalls and stay updated on any released security vulnerabilities and how they affect our network
• Maintain our DMVPN and WAAS firewalls and stay updated on any released security vulnerabilities and how they affect our network
• Create and review changes based on requirements to our firewalls and implement them
• Prepare relevant documentation to support, give input to the problem and knowledge processes based on daily work experience.
• If assigned to projects, work with project managers to ensure managed system changes/ tasks are completed to meet business requirements.
• Identify the opportunities to improve overall operational performance & saving costs.
• Adherence to MDIT, Group policies and compliance
• Willingness and flexibility to travel as per business needs.
• Be part of the 24/7 rotation scheme
• Create and update SOPs for L2 and L1
• Update and maintain documentation
Safety and environment: Always work in accordance with MD specific safety rules and guidelines.
Required: primary experience in Voice, Video and Security
• 1-5 years’ work experience in a similar position (depends on senior or junior positons)
• Self-Motivated with the ability to work independently and with high personal integrity
• Very strong customer service mindset
• Excellent English skills – both Oral and Written
• Senior specialists most have as minimum CCNP and/or CCNP Security
• Junior specialists most as minimum have CCNA and/or CCNA Security
• Knowledge of ICS (SCADA)
• ITIL foundation certified preferred
• Scripting and/or programing skills preferred
• Able to maintain our Cisco network and firewalls
• Mindset for monitoring, automation and self-service
• Experienced with root cause analysis in own area
Technologies to support:
• Working experience with theses Cisco technologies: ASA using ACLs, VPN, WAN (including protocols BGP, OSPF, RIP & EIGRP), WAAS, Nexus, routers, switches, Prime, QOS, client based VPN, ISE & WLC
• Working experience with Cisco ASA FW rules: verify, assess and implementing changes
• Working experience with PAC scripts
• Knowledge of Zscaler and Jet Nexus LBs is an advantage
• Good knowledge of Office Suite (Outlook, Lync, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Good knowledge of Windows 7 OS and Windows server OS (from 2003 and up)
• Experience with Solar Winds is a strong advantage (NTA, NCM & NPM)
• Working experience in with the following technologies: MS Active Directory, Cisco Network, SCCM, Virtualization (HyperV and VMware), Outlook 365, Windows Server 2012 is an advantage.
• Knowledge of HP Servers
• Knowledge Service Now
• Knowledge of 2 factor authentication (Swivel/PINSafe)