Responsible for timely and accurate resolution of account receivables either through insurance payment collections or write offs.
• Performs AR follow-up on assigned accounts by ensuring claims are adjudicated accordingly while taking into account Timely Filing Limits set by the payer
• Conducts thorough research on assigned AR accounts through insurance websites/portals and/or by initiating outbound calls to payers
• Submits adjustments or write-off requests for approval to resolve outstanding account balances
• Submits medical record packets for submission to the payer for claims reprocessing, reconsideration or appeal requests
• Receives inbound calls/ call backs from payers/insurances regarding accounts that they are actively working on
• Responds to e-mail inquiries from different departments regarding pending insurance balances or claim denials
• Performs claims resubmission and corrects claim information as necessary
• Maintain accurate and detailed notes/documentation in applicable systems
• Reads and interprets an Explanation of Benefits and relates it to the claim being worked on
• Keeps Supervisor and/or Manager informed of system issues
• Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding patient and company confidentiality (HIPAA)
• Other duties as assigned
• Proficient in the knowledge of the equipment and services offered by Company.
• Works as a part of the company team by communicating effectively with all departments.
• Provides exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Promotes company’s culture by adhering to policy, procedure, and mission statement.
• Completes assigned work in a timely and efficient manner.
• Adapts to and demonstrates the ability to deal with frequent changes in the work environment.
• Meets individual, departmental, and company goals.
Walkin for you