Liaises closely with other department’s heads to effectively oversee varied administrative activities including office supplies, office telephones, office furniture, mail, translation, and reception services for the administrative offices of the company.
I. Essential Functions:
• Performs administrative and office support activities for the Department, Duties include fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, creating spreadsheets and presentations, and filing.
• Maintains Dept Head calendar, schedules and coordinates appointments and organizing and schedule visitors and notifies the changes, Sets up meetings as instructed or as required , notifying all necessary parties preparing appointments agendas for and taking minutes of meetings.
• Manages the appointment calendar and independently schedules appointments.
• liaising with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors, and Opens, sorts and screens mail, Answers telephone, screens callers, relays messages, and greets visitors.
• Screens incoming calls and correspondence and responds independently when possible.
• Arranges programs, events or conferences by procuring facilities and caterer, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers, and controlling event budget.
• Directs preparation of records such as agenda, notices, minutes and resolutions of corporate meetings.
• Acts as a custodian of corporate documents and records.
• Directs preparation and filing of corporate civil engineering documents.
• Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files.
• Contacts embassies, ministries for visas, appointments and other government related contact work.
• Handles business travel for employees, including air tickets, hotel bookings and car rentals.
• Provides assistance and support to visitors to the office.
• Prepares visa applications for visitors and follows up to be sure they have been processed.
• Arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings.
• Prepares expense reports and handles the expenses related to the Company guest houses where applicable.
• Liaise closely with the Manager Administration ensuring that office supplies, equipment, materials and furniture are ordered timely and delivered, with optimum quality and service.
• Manages office stationery (business cards, letterhead, envelopes, etc.)
• Reviews consumption patterns throughout the office, consolidating orders for volume quantities
• Interacts with the Purchasing and Finance functions to ensure timely delivery and payment of office supplies, equipment, and furniture.
• Ensures office machines are serviced properly (i.e., copy, fax, printers).
• Assists in the negotiation of maintenance contracts for equipment.
• Handles interactions with telephone service providers and company telephone invoicing.
• Assists in the issuance of mobile phones and mobile phone numbers.
• Supervises general office staff such as drivers and the pick-up and delivery of office mail, both through postal services and courier.
• The primary impact of this position is to handle the administrative requirements of senior managers in the office in order to ensure that they are able to concentrate on business issues.
II. Job Requirements and Competencies
a. Skills and Abilities:
• High level of understanding of office procedures, accounting principles and basic business practices is essential.
• Must have excellent knowledge of English language..
• Must have basic organizational and planning skills, allowing work flow is managed efficiently and accurately.
• High level of proficiency in the use of MS Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point and other related applications.
• Must have excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with all levels of co-workers and individuals.
• Must be able to handle matters of company business with confidentiality and integrity.
• Must be well-organised, independent, timely & pro-active in carrying out duties.
• Must be able to exercise sound business judgment in order to establish priorities.
b. Knowledge and Experience:
• 3 years of relevant work experience.
c. Professional Qualification and Training:
• Requires completion of a basic college degree and specific training in secretarial
• With experience preferred.
d. Working Conditions:
• Works in an office environment.
• Monday to Friday.
• Generally 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Flexibility to work evenings or weekends.
• Occasional travel to foreign or local subsidiaries.