Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Process customer submitted files and take necessary actions to fix identified issues without affecting the quality, purpose and usability of products. These actions are (but not limited to):
o Review and make adjustments as necessary to artwork file , either by reducing (cropping) or enlarging by reproducing certain parts of the artwork file.
o Reviewing the artwork file resolution and deem as acceptable for printing. Take necessary next steps to fix resolution issues.
o Review elements in the artwork file and ensure that they will be printed as intended (correctly cut, appear in the correct area of the print out, follow the correct imposition, etc.)
o Review color mode and convert to the prescribed CMYK values.
o Ensure that the file for printing is in the correct final format.
• Preflight all artwork files to quality check and identify possible concerns and apply fixes.
• Download and save/upload the correct file to the corresponding items ordered.
• Correctly articulate all artwork file issues in all communication with internal and external customers.
• Follow all steps in escalating artwork file issues to respective PP team leader.
• Meet minimum performance expectations as set by DRI such as:
o Processed Files Quota – target varies based on hours scheduled for work
o Attendance – 95% per month based on hours. Also not exceed infraction points based on current DRI attendance policy.
o Quality – error rate of not more than 0.1%
o Processing Time – 6.5 minutes/file processed
o Other key performance metrics as specified by DRI
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• 1 year as a designer or proofer with extensive experience with using the following desktop publishing software:
o Adobe Illustrator
o Adobe Photoshop
o Adobe Indesign
o Adobe Acrobat
• Good spoken and written communication skills in English;
• Highly competitive but must be a team player;
• Very detail oriented;
• Excellent problem solving and decision making skills;
• Highly creative, must be able to think outside the box when applying fixes without sacrificing quality;
• Demonstrated sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment;
• MS Office skills including Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word