The client is a digital marketing agency in Austin, TX. They provide local lead generation services for businesses and PPC marketing for eCommerce brands.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop and edit content for all channels in the marketing ecosystem, including unique blogs, newsletters, social media (on a regular basis), and others as directed, including, but not limited to, press releases, case studies, and white papers.
• Maintain an editorial calendar and keep all campaign objectives aligned with client expectations, goals, and schedule
• Proofreading and editing various content forms as needed
• Thoroughly researches topics to enhance and substantiate content
• Social media management and local citation management for our customers as needed
• Contributes to the overall development of our teams product and creative strategy
• Collaborate across departments and silos to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet campaign objectives at the lowest possible cost
• Editorial requirements include basic SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development.
• Editorial governance so content is consistent with a brand voice, style and tone of our clients.
• Work closely with campaign account managers to receive feedback and modify content as necessary.
• Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, English or Communications strongly preferred
• At least two years of experience writing professionally, preferably web content
• Proven knowledge and proficiency in all things related to effective content creation for: web content, newsletter/email, social media, press releases, white papers, case studies, etc.
• Passion for writing strategic copy and creative content for multiple audiences in a fast-paced and evolving industry.
• Experience in technology/consumer electronics/home automation industries preferred, but not required
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results, set priorities, utilize resources and meet deadlines
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Strong prioritization and organizational skills and the ability to carry detailed projects through to completion
• Impeccable knowledge of grammar and punctuation
• Proven record of following through on commitments
• Proficiency in Google Docs and WordPress or other Content Management Software
• Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to translate that into original content for specific marketing channels
• Ability to think strategically and suggest creative solutions with proactive approach to problem identification and solving.
• Knowledge of best-practices and industry trends as it relates to content creation
• Quick learner
• High level of enthusiasm
• Proven problem solver that takes initiative
• Result oriented with a strong work ethic
• Exceptional listening skills
• Exceptional writing skills