We are looking for a Software Developer to help plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain mission critical systems. You will support a rapidly expanding range of Business Application systems of a Telco client. You will be part of a young and talented team of IT consultants that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering quality systems and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
Young IT professionals with experience in Software Engineering, Application Support, or Solutions Design/Analysis are preferred on this role.
Project Delivery (primary)
1) Analyze functional requirements to translate into application design using established design methodologies and guidelines
2) Analyze process/program specifications & translate specifications to program codes, conforming to program guidelines and programming best practices
3) Develop unit test package, execute tests & document test results to ensure the quality of the program
4) Assist in the integration testing, system testing, User Acceptance Test ( UAT) & implementation activities to fix the reported problems/bugs of the system to ensure the smooth execution of programs in the production environment
5) Investigate all reported problems/errors & initiate amendments & testing so that the system can operate correctly & efficiently
6) Prepare & maintain up-to-date system documentation.
7) Ensure codes comply with NCS security guidelines
8) Work with team lead to ensure design and programme codes conform to architecture and design standards, and that design satisfies functional and system requirements
9) Participate in requirements gathering; work with Business Analysts in reviewing and refining functional specifications
10) Participate in peer reviews to improve project quality
Application Support (secondary)
11) Monitor & measure the performance & availability of systems proactively; implement corrective actions identified to improve performance & availability.
12) Respond promptly to incident, investigate & provide temporary &/or permanent resolution of incidents escalated. Provide timely status updates to relevant parties.
13) Conduct root cause analysis & implement pro-active measures. Monitor effectiveness of implemented measures.
14) Monitor the agreed service level (e.g. service request, system availability), document & maintain the configuration of the systems; provide regular reporting to relevant parties.
15) Provide systems related technical advice to customers or project team. Provide 2nd and 3rd level support. Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
16) Ensure the management of systems adhere to established processes/ procedures, ITIL best practices and methodologies where applicable.
Educational Qualification: Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT, MIS or equivalent
Years of IT Experience: 2-3 years experience with substantial project work in software development. Experience in Application Support role and/or in a Telco environment are advantages
Must Have Skills/Experience:
- Proven working experience in a Java/J2EE Platform
- Experience in Oracle SQL or MySQL
- Experience with server-side Java technologies such as JDBC, Servlets, JSP, REST, Pentaho, JBoss, JQuery, RichFaces, JSTL
- Experience in Maven and Git
- Experience with installing and troubleshooting applications in a UNIX/Linux based environments, preferably with RedHat/Ubuntu variants
- Experience with administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g. Tomcat/Weblogic/JBoss, Apache Web Server)
- Basic scripting skills (e.g. bash shell scripting)
- Basic experience with virtualization (e.g. VMware, Virtual Box, Oracle VM)
- Basic knowledge on Cloud infrastructure, preferably in AWS
- Possess initiative and disposition with a strong commitment and orientation towards results and high quality standards
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to think out of the box
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivator with a positive attitude and with high energy
- Customer focused
- Proficient in written and spoken English