The Detailing Manager has the authority to carry out tasks in accordance with the responsibilities detailed
within this Position Description and as per the direction of the Directors of the company.
• Technical or associate degree in Drafting or Civil Engineering preferred, or equivalent
• Minimum 10 years detailer drafting experience gained within a consultancy/ fabrication
• Strong project management skills.
• Demonstrated experience in structural drawing of relevant projects including:
- Steel Structures
- Australian steel fabrication shop drawings
- Setting out of concrete slab and steel plans / layouts.
• Advanced knowledge and use of: Tekla Structures, Microsoft Office, Australian
Standards, Local Government Design Manuals.
• Proven project management skills
• Direct dealing with clients and government bodies
• Knowledge of Steel Detailing Standards
• Understanding of relevant Australian standards, State and local Government policies
• Knowledge and application of Structural engineering codes, construction standards,
specs, procedures and construction techniques.
• Time Management skills