Schedule: Morning Shift (0900-1800)
An innovative & detail-oriented Data Scientist who will play a central role in developing customer, market and product profitability insights to drive optimal business investment decisions. This is a new role responsible for identifying and mining internal and external datasets, producing analysis, building decision models, and communicating effectively with senior management.
The candidate will be able to identify a business problem and translate it to a data question, create predictive models to answer the question and effectively present the findings and recommendations. Outcomes will include effective targeting of marketing expenditure to maximize returns, and optimization of business decision-making to drive short and long term profitability.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about creating data driven systems, have experience in statistical programming, machine learning, and use of modern big data systems, and are straight forward, persuasive communicators of analysis and recommendations to the business.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform data mining to support improved ROI, including but not limited to:
- Customer segmentation and product targeting
- Customer Life Time Value
- Product profitability
- Supplier profitability
- Marketing source attribution and channel profitability
- -Analyse large datasets to glean actionable insights, including
- internal systems data
- competitor data
- Cruise and wide travel Industry data
- demographic data
- geo-political data
- Design classifiers and ranking algorithms and build statistical and mathematical models to assist decision making
- Analyse clickstream data to understand customer journeys, using this data to show how marketing impacts their behaviour over time
- Perform ad-hoc statistical analysis
- Present results of analysis to teams and leadership across the business, with recommendations for actions
- Create metrics to measure the outcomes of decisions.
- Strong facility with database analysis tools
- Ability to illuminate complex problems with data analysis
- Broad knowledge of how to structure a data problem, from framing the right questions to ask, to communicating the results effectively.
- Able to utilise expertise in marketing measurement to resolve incremental value of new / updated marketing
- Able to quickly become an in-house guide on statistical methodologies and tools to help solve marketing data questions, providing guidance on the best interaction combinations to help us optimise our marketing budget.
- Proven product success derived from research and analysis results
- 2 years of industry experience in a Data Science role
- Ability to build models (such as linear regression, logistic, Markov models etc.) and use machine learning techniques.
- Experience with Classifiers, Maximum Likelihood Estimation, Probabilistic Graphical Models
- Knowledge of algorithms, statistics, mathematics, and broad knowledge of programming languages such as R, Go or Python.
- Knowledge of data/analytical tools, including Excel, database querying (SQL), relational databases; aptitude and willingness to learn new tools quickly.
- Experience in travel or online retail
- MSc or Ph.D. in Data Mining, Machine Learning, Statistics, Operations Research or related field