- The person in this role will provide development and application support for the company's flagship software suite.
- The company's applications are written in Java, Borland Delphi, and C#./NET using Sybase, Oracle, MS SQL Server, Websphere, IBM Data Stage, SmartStream and other vendor products. Our systems operate globally on 24/7 basis.
- As an Application Support and Development Analyst, your role is to troubleshoot and isolate on-line problems effectively and efficiently and develop work-around solutions where possible.
- You will also be required to participate in the incremental development of the existing products as well as new initiatives. This is a demanding role within a fast paced business unit requiring customer facing skills, attention to detail, ability to quickly learn hedge fund operations and fund accounting and the ability to work in a team environment.
- The ideal candidate should be a self-starter and will be required to be hands-on in many areas such as Java, UNIX, and Sybase/Oracle and WAS.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Exposure to enterprise systems development with an offshore partner
- Ability to write and debug Java, SQL, stored procs and Unix scripts
- Ability to conduct data and business analysis
- Daily maintenance of applications and troubleshooting problems with the application as they arise
- Support internal and external business customers
- Prompt response and resolution of issues raised by business
- Must be open in Pampanga
- Flexible and understands hours and schedule (24x7x365)
Technical Skills required:
- Excellent knowledge of Java
- Knowledge of SQL and databases
- Knowledge of UNIX scripting and editors (vi or emacs)
- Experience in working on XP, Windows 7, and Unix operating systems Other skills desired:
- Excellent problem solving and communications skills
- Knowledge of J2EE an advantage
- Combination of Java and Delphi or Java and C#/.Net skills
- Knowledge of XML an advantage
- Knowledge of OBIEE an advantage
- A keen interest in learning the business side of hedge fund accounting Education, Qualifications, and Special Training:
- Computer Science Degree or similar
- Knowledge of financial instruments desirable
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- University level education in Information Technology
- 3 years working experience in Information Technology is a minimum
- Financial Services technology experience is essential